Cover Up

"Alec, honey, we're home!" My mom's voice made me jump up from the floor. She knocked on my door and I knew what was coming next. She was going to walk in. My parents had never been good at giving privacy. I heard the click of the door knob as it started to turn then the doorbell rang. "I'll be right back. I want to hear all about your weekend!"

"Okay!" I yelled back, but I knew that I needed to lose the black eye first.

"Yeah, go ahead. He's just in his room." He heard his mom from outside his room. 

"Thank you," someone said and his door opened. 

"Hun, you only have an hour then dinner." My mom said and I said okay from behind the bathroom door. I stayed hidden until the door closed. 

"Hello?" I called out because I hadn't heard anything else. 

My bed squeaked and then I heard a loud sigh. "So, this is where the great Alexander dreams about my eyes and ass." Magnus's voice wafted to him like the scent of cinnamon rolls causing my mouth to water while also making my stomach hurt. 

"Magnus?" I asked and peeked out to see him sprawled out on my bed with his arms folded under his head. He had a smirk on his lips.

"Hello." He purred and pulled out a blue notebook from under my black pillow. "Ah, is this your diary?"

My heart started racing even more than it was from seeing Magnus on my bed. "No!"

"Ah, so it is." Magnus smiled and sat up leaning on his elbows after tossing the notebook onto my desk. "Don't worry. I'm not a cheater. I'd rather learn all of your secrets straight from the source."

"What are you doing here?" I meant to ask it as a simple question but it sounded more like a cop trying to get information out of a terrorist. 

"You said you needed help." Magnus shrugged and stood up. He started to wander around my room and touch things at random. He ran his finger across the movie poster that Jace had gotten me because it had a hot woman, but I kept it because it had a hot guy next to her. He picked up my favorite book, an extremely old, expensive collection of the Brother's Grimm fairytales. He lifted the book to his nose and sniffed. He flipped through it and then placed it back gently.

Next, he moved to my dresser and took a whiff of the cologene that I had worn maybe once. "This doesn't suit you." He mumbled and then opened the drawers one at a time. I yelled at myself to stop him; that he was invading my privacy but I just stood there watching. 

"You, my friend, need some color in your life."

"Black is a color." I pointed out.

"Only people who don't understand the importance of the full rainbow say that." Magnus smiled.

"Are you finished?" I asked him trying to not return the smile and failing. 

"For now." Magnus plopped down on my bed.

"Sure, go ahead and make yourself at home." I rolled my eyes. I still had no idea what to think of this guy. Was it some sort of act or was this really just who he was?

"Why thank you, I think I will Mr. Salty." Magnus chuckled. "Now, why don't you tell me why you called me over?"

"I didn't." I pointed out.

"Yeah, right you called your sister." He raised an eyebrow and winked. 

"I seriously did." I grabbed my phone and showed him. "I dropped it, well kind of threw it, but yeah, and then when I called her it called you instead."

"It seems to have good taste." Magnus said and took my phone. 

"But, I really needed Izzy."

"You can use my phone." Magnus pulled out a glittery, purple phone. 

"I don't know her number."

"Of course not." Magnus laughed. "Well, since I'm here why don't we see if I can help you?"

"On that note, how are you here?" I asked him.

"I have my ways." He wiggled his eyebrows. "No, you left your schedule in my car and it had your information on it."

"Oh, that makes sense."

"So, what can I help you with?"

"Nothing."

"Alexander," 

"Fine, I need to hide the black eye. I know you can't do anything and that's fine." I ran my fingers through my hair and hit the piece of sap that made nme blush.

"Actually, I am amazing with makeup. After school, I want to be a makeup artist for movies and theatre." Magnus reached into his backpack that I hadn't even noticed. He pulled out a little silver case and flicked it open. "Sit down and let me work my magic pretty boy."

"I don't want actual makeup," I said as I obeyed his command.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything crazy; yet." Magnus then went to work. 

After what felt like forever probably because my heart was racing so fast and I had to force myself to not react to Magnus's closeness including his warm breath on my neck as he leaned in closer to get a couple of small details. 

"Perfect." He clapped his hands and pulled back. He held up a mirror and I was so shocked that my jaw dropped. 

"I can't even tell that I have a black eye and I know about it." I touched my eye half expecting it to not hurt. "Ow."

Magnus gave me a sad look. "I may work magic with makeup but I can't heal you instantly."

"Right. Um, thanks though." I closed the small mirror.

"Anytime. Now, I better go before your parents start to worry about you being alone with me." Magnus winked. "Or better yet, I give them a reason to worry."

A/N Yay! I actually stuck to the update schedule for the week haha! Until next time! Hope you're liking it!