The Inconveniencing

Wendy, Soos, and the triplets were hanging out in the Gift Shop. Wendy was reading a magazine, (y/n) was spinning Mabel, who was sitting on a globe on the counter, and Dipper was reading the journal. It was pretty usual.

"(y/n), Mabel?" Dipper asked. "Do you guys believe in ghosts?"

"I believe you're a big dork!" said Mabel, laughing giddily. Dipper lightly pushed (y/n) aside to make her stop spinning Mabel, then used his pencil to stop the globe from spinning. Mabel flew off the globe and landed on the ground.

"If you asked me that question a few weeks ago, I would have called you crazy" said (y/n). "But with all these weird things that we've been seeing all over this town, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if ghosts did exist" said (y/n).

"Yeah, well ten bucks says you can't prove that ghosts exist" said a dizzy Mabel as she picked herself off of the floor.

(y/n) lifted her eyebrow.

"Is that challenge?"

Mabel nodded, and (y/n) grinned.

"Deal."

"Hey, Soos, Wendy!" Stan yelled, entering the Gift Shop through the front door. Soos hurried as quickly as he could to his boss. He panted in exhaustion despite that fact that he had only run a few feet.

"What's up, Mr. Pines?" he asked.

"I'm heading out" said Stan. "You two are gonna wash the bathrooms, right?"

"Yes, Sir!" said Soos, raising his hand in a salute.

"Absolutely not" said Wendy, doing the same as Soos.

"Ha ha!" Stan laughed, but then he narrowed his eyes. "You stay out of trouble."

And with that, he shut the door and left the Mystery Shack.

Wendy smirked, and headed towards the back of the Gift Shop.

"Hey, guys!" she said, making her way towards a blue curtain in the corner of the Gift Shop. "What's this?" she asked, though it was pretty clear that she knew exactly what was behind the curtain. She pulled it back, revealing a tall ladder that went up through the ceiling.

"A ladder to the roof?" she said.

"Uh, I don't think Mr. Pines would like that" said Soos anxiously.

Wendy reached her arm out towards the ladder, and Soos made noises of anxiety. She pulled it back and reached out again repeatedly, causing Soos to make more anxious gasps each time she reached out towards the ladder.

"You're freaking me out, dude!"

"Wait, can we actually go up there?" asked Dipper.

"Sure we can" said Wendy as she climbed up the ladder.. "Roof time, roof time, roof time!" she started chanting.

"Roof time, roof time, roof time!" the triplets repeated enthusiastically, following her up the ladder. (y/n) went up the ladder first, followed up Mabel, then Dipper.

Wendy opened the hatch at the top, and climbed out, the triplets following suit. They all starting climbing further up the roof of the Mystery Shack until they reached the very top.

"Alright, check it out!" said Wendy, gesturing towards a section of the roof.

"Whoa! Cool!" The triplets all stared in amazement at the beach chair and umbrella that was set up on the other side of the roof. With it was a cooler and a bucket of pine cones.

"Did you put all this stuff up here?" asked (y/n).

"I may or may not sneak up here during work all the time every day" said Wendy, reaching down towards the bucket of pine cones. She grabbed one and threw it towards a paper target, which was taped to the totem pole a few yards away. It hit dead center.