Little Gift Shop of Horrors

One dark and spooky night, a stranger was walking up to the Mystery Shack, and was about to open the door to go inside.

But it didn't appear as if that would be necessary, for Stan had seen the stranger and opened the door. Stan was holding a lantern, which only added to the creepy atmosphere.

"Well hello, traveller" he greeted. "I see your car broke down in the middle of this country road, a place so remote that no one can hear your screams!"

A bit freaked out, the stranger backed up a few steps.

Stan frowned, realizing his slip.

"Pretend I didn't say that" he said. "Come in, come in!"

The stranger took a few steps closer.

"But be warned" said Stan. "If you enter, you may be subjected to my tales. Tales designed to sell my merchandise!"

He then started to laugh evilly, but this time the stranger surprisingly didn't back up again.

There was a long, awkward pause after Stan was finished laughing.

"Sorry, I was thinking about something funny I heard earlier."

Stan's lantern had gone out after the stranger had entered the Mystery Shack, so he was was currently trying to relight a new lantern he had found lying around in the gift shop, taking out a match from his pocket.

"You've come to the Mystery Shack after hours" Stan was saying as he stuck the flame on the end of the match into the lantern.

"A time where only our-"

BOOM!!!

There was a huge explosion the instant that the lighted end of the match had touched the inside of the lantern.

The stranger coughed and when the smoke finally cleared, Stan was covered in black ash and holding only half of a lantern.

Stan looked a little angry now.

"(y/n)!" he growled. "How many times do I have to tell you not to put dynamite in the lanterns?"

He stopped yelling and looked at the stranger, who was standing there with a confused look on their face.

"Oh, (y/n)'s just my niece" he said. "She's a little renegade, that one. Very difficult to control."

He chuckled lightly to himself as a small smile worked its way up his face.

"Speaking of which..."

Stan pulled out a small test tube with a bit of red substance left at the bottom of it.

"How would you like to buy this special chemical that she made a few weeks before that scamp Gideon almost took over. There's quite a tale that's linked with this little vial. I call it:

The Memory Game."

It was just a regular morning in the Mystery Shack, with Soos and the triplets getting ready for the gift shop to open.

Just then, Stan walked into the shop through the entrance door.

"Mystery Shack's about to open in a few minutes, and there's a tour bus at three o'clock!" he announced. "Man your stations!"

He walked up to everyone and started to go down the line.

He walked up to Soos.

"Soos, I need you on pricing duty. Those prices aren't gonna inflate themselves."