Sock Opera

"Alright, sisters, today's the big day!" announced Dipper excitedly.

The Pines triplets were now at the Gravity Falls library, and the three of them were sitting at a computer desk, with a tan backpack sitting in between them.

The three of them were all extremely excited, albeit (y/n) had bags under her eyes and looked a bit exhausted.

"Big day!" chimed Mabel excitedly.

(y/n) smiled tiredly, and then pulled out the old laptop from the backpack. She held it up proudly.

"I finally finished fixing up the laptop" she said. "I had to pull an all-nighter last night, but I managed."

She stretched and yawned loudly.

"If this thing works, we could learn the identity of the author and unravel the greatest mysteries of Gravity Falls!" said Dipper. "You ready?"

"Yup" said (y/n). "It's time to see if all those long hours were really worth my time."

"Oh, I'm ready, baby" said Mabel.

She held up a pop up book that was called 'Ready Baby,' and opened it to a page where there was a pop out baby.

"Mama."

Dipper took the laptop from (y/n)'s hands, and placed it on the empty desk in front of them. He flipped it open, and pressed the on button.

The screen came to life, the green letters 'system start up' appearing on the screen as it started to load. The triplets were watching in anticipation, waiting for the computer to finally finish loading.

"This is it" said Dipper eagerly. "This is it!"

Green symbols started to appear on the screen in the shape of an upside down triangle with a circle in the middle of it, and a green message 'welcome,' flashed across the screen.

Dipper laughed triumphantly.

"Ha! It worked!"

The triplets suddenly broke out into a victory hand shake that they had done many times before.

"Bloop! Beep! Blop! Triplets!"

They finished with an excited fist bump, that is until the computer suddenly beeped in protest as if there was an error, and the glowing green letters turned red.

They turned to see a message flashing across the screen:

'Unauthorized Access Forbidden.'

Then, eight green blanks appeared across the screen, and the word 'Password' was above it.

Dipper groaned in annoyance.

"Of course! A password!" he said. "(y/n), how long until you can fix up a computer hacking device?"

(y/n) yawned loudly.

"Maybe after I take a nap" she said, her voice dripping in exhaustion. "I haven't slept in over twenty four hours. I need a break."

Then, her head suddenly fell forward onto the desk, and her droopy eyelids finally closed. It wasn't long before Dipper and Mabel could hear her soft snoring.

"Oh great. Well there goes our only chance at getting into the computer" said Dipper. "Now what are we going to do?"

"Don't worry, bro" said Mabel, putting her arm around Dipper. "With your brains and my laser focus, there is literally nothing that can distract us from..."

Suddenly, music that sounded like it was coming from a piano was starting to play, which was rather unusual since they were in a library.

"...wait, do you hear something?" asked Mabel.