Fight Fighters

"This is it, dudes!" said Soos excitedly to the Stan, (y/n), and Mabel as they were all standing in the arcade of the town. "My favorite place in Gravity Falls. Everything I know I learned right here."

Soos started walking down a line of arcade games and pointing to them as he led the three of them through the arcade.

"A frog taught me how to cross the street. When my house was haunted, I learned how to eat ghosts. And this thing taught me how to dance."

He gestured to a 'Dance Dance Revolution' game, where Old Man McGucket was wildly dancing.

"Woo hoo! I've been jiggin' for seven days straight!"

Mabel looked at the ground, and noticed that the game wasn't even plugged in. She noticed that taped across the screen of the 'Dance Dance Revolution' game was a piece of paper that said 'Out of Order.'

"Uh, Soos?" asked Mabel uneasily, picking up the cord and showing Soos.

"Let him have this" said Soos.

Stan found an arcade that looked fairly interesting. Flashing across the screen was the message, 'Insert Quarter.'

Stan obliged, slipping a quarter into the slot. The screen changed.

'Congratulations! You win!' the game said, before it went straight back to the flashing 'Insert Quarter' screen.

Stan groaned in annoyance at how he had just gotten ripped off.

"Hey, Soos, do you know where Dipper is?" (y/n) asked as she looked around the arcade for her brother. She had her suspicions as to what Dipper was doing, and she hoped that they weren't true. "I haven't seen him all morning."

"Oh, he's in the back, dude" replied Soos cheerfully. "Very back, in the far right corner. You can't miss it."

(y/n) smiled in return.

"Great, thanks Soos!"

And with that, she hurried off towards the corner to where Soos had described. When she finally found her brother, she saw immediately that her suspicions had been correct.

Dipper was playing a lone two-player game called 'Fight Fighters' with Wendy. The two of them were fighting each other with their own characters, and were laughing as they did so. Dipper's avatar was a character named 'Rumble McSkirmish,' and Wendy's character was 'Dr. Karate.'

The two of them were so immersed in the game that they didn't notice (y/n).

She walked up to Dipper and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hmm?" Dipper briefly turned to his side. "Oh hey, (y/n)." He then turned his attention back to the arcade game.

"Hi, Dipper" said (y/n). "So, how's it going spending time with Robbie's girlfriend?"

Dipper sighed, and paused for a brief moment.

"Thanks for ruining the moment." He then went back to trying to beat Wendy in the arcade game.

"Look, I'm not meaning to rain on your parade" said (y/n). "I'm just saying that you need to be careful, now that Robbie and Wendy are officially dating" (y/n) gestured towards Robbie, who was actually in the arcade at the moment hanging up fliers on the arcade machines.

"You're already not on great tabs with Robbie as it is, do you really need to make it worse?"

"I find it ironic how this is you of all people saying to be careful" said Dipper nonchalantly, his attention still glued to the game. He had decided to tune (y/n) out.