Tale of Two Stans

"Ha ha! Hey, wait up!"

"Yeah, you should keep up."

"I-I-I can keep up!"

The two boys ran across the beach, and made it to a closed off cave, which had wooden boards that were nailed over the entrance.

They peeked through the small spaces between the boards to see what was inside.

"Whoa!"

"Neato!"

The boys had identical physical features: messy dark brown hair, huge heads, and small bulbous noses.

What distinguished them was their clothing.

One of the boys was wearing a red and white striped shirt with rolled up sleeves, blue jeans, and red shoes. He also had a bandaid on his face, which might have been the result of several fights.

The other boy was wearing a white shirt with a dark brown jacket over it, green pants, and blue shoes. He was wearing a pair of glasses on his face, and was holding a flashlight in one of his six-fingered hands.

"A mysterious boarded up cave!" said the second boy, his tone clearly excited. "It might be filled with lost prehistoric lifeforms, or Mesoamerican gold!"

The first boy gestured towards the cave for his brother.

"Um, ladies first?" he said, grinning at his own joke.

In response to that, his brother punched him playfully, to which he punched him in an equally playful manner back. Both of them laughed as they each received a blow.

The second boy walked up to the boarded up cave, and tried to pull one of the planks off.

However, it was too strong, for he fell backwards onto his back empty handed, the board still nailed to the cave. The first boy laughed at his brother's rather sad attempt.

"Good thing you've got your smarts, Poindexter" he said. "I've got the other thing. What is it called? Oh, right! Punching!"

And with that, he clenched a fist, held his arm back, and swung it right into the boards, managing to create a triangular-sized hole large enough for the two of them to fit.

He pulled back his hand, and observed all the pieces of wood that were now stuck in his hand.

"Cool! Splinters!"

The second boy walked up to the cave entrance, and turned on his flashlight, scanning it around the cave.

"Whoa!" he exclaimed. "It's so creepy in here!"

The first boy stepped into the cave first with a fearless countenance on his face.

"Hey, don't worry, bro" he reassured, as his brother finally stepped into the cave next to him. "Wherever we go, we go together! Don't forget to leave our names so they know who owns the place."

The second boy produced a black ink sharpie from his pants pocket, and the two boys both used it to write their names on the inside wall of the cave:

'STANLEY Stanford PINES.'

And with that, the two boys ventured further in so that they could explore the cave.

"Pines! Pines! Pines! Pines!"

For a long moment, they all just stood there, staring at the man who was both the author, and Stan's brother. Dipper had been waiting for such a long time to finally meet the author of the journals, who he had been searching for the entire Summer. It was almost unbelievable that the very man now standing a few feet in front of him.