Not What He Seems

Stan watched in anticipation as the doomsday device was flashing on and off, not quite turning on fully.

"Come on, come on!" he exclaimed, as he pulled up a lever.

The toxic waste in the chambers started to get transferred into the machine to enhance its power.

Stan took off his fez and wiped his forehead with his gloved hands, unknowingly wiping a bit of the toxic waste across his face.

"Can't be too careful with this stuff" he said to himself.

Suddenly, the red lights that were above the tanks of toxic waste started to flash red, and Stan turned around to see one message flashing across the screen:

Event Initialized

And with that, a countdown started on the screen from eighteen hours, and it only kept going down with each passing second.

Stan opened the journal, and started to read the pages about the doomsday device.

"Warning, blah blah blah...extreme usage could result in minor gravity anomalies."

In response to what he had just read, he slammed the book shut.

"Can it, Poindexter" he said, as he flipped up a small square section of the desk, revealing a red button underneath.

"I've come this far, I'm not giving up now!"

And with that, he slammed his bandaged fist onto the button.

The machine came to life, the lighted cylinders glowing brighter, the light from the circle spinning around it, and black swirls started to appear right in the center of the circle.

"Yes!" exclaimed Stan excitedly, as he watched the machine come on. "This is it!"

Just as the book had predicted, minor gravity anomalies did actually start to occur, as Stan's fez started to float off his head.

But his hat wasn't the only victim.

Outside of the Mystery Shack across Gravity Falls, there were several items that were starting to levitate in mid air, including several rocks, Gompers the goat, a boat, a rusty old car, and several random items in the junkyard.

Inside his little hut for a home, McGucket was fast asleep with his head on the desk, and the open laptop was among the items that was now hovering in the air. And there was a message that was flashing across its screen:

Active

Up in the attic of the Mystery Shack, the triplets were all fast asleep, and their bodies all started to float upwards as well. Waddles, who had been sleeping with Mabel, was levitating in the air too, along with Dipper's hat, several of (y/n)'s inventions, and Mabel's hair.

However, all of them soon dropped back down into their beds as gravity started to regulate once again, along with everything else that had been affected by the gravity anomalies.

"It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but it will all be worth it" said Stan to himself down in his secret lab. He slapped a watch onto his wrist, and set a countdown on it that was identical to the countdown on the huge screen in front of him.

"Just eighteen more hours" said Stan triumphantly, as he leaned back in his chair in a relaxed position. "Finally, everything changes, today."

The wind suddenly picked up even though it was inside a basement, and it was so strong that it managed to slam the journal that was open on the desk in front of Stan closed, revealing the number '1' on the cover on top of the golden six-fingered hand.