Irrational Treasure

Stan and the triplets were in the car, stuck in the middle of traffic. Stan honked angrily at the other cars while Mabel, (y/n), and Dipper were happily eating snacks in the back. (y/n), who was sitting in the middle, was holding the bag of chips in her lap so that everyone could reach it.

Mabel took two chips from the bag, and stuck them to her ears. She laughed cheerfully.

"Nacho earrings!" she said. "I'm hilarious!"

"That's debatable" replied Stan, he honked irritatedly on the horn. "Come on, what's with all this traffic? Why is it all..."

He squinted, and saw that it was not cars that were blocking the road, but old timey wagons pulled by horses and everything, like the ones that the settlers used.

"...covered wagons?" Stan's eyes suddenly widened in panic. "Oh no! No! No!" He shifted the car into gear and screeched away from the wagons.

"NOT TODAY! NOT TODAY!" he screamed. However, he was heading right toward a group of women, who were dressed like pilgrims. He slammed on the brakes and the car screeched to a halt.

"Oh heavens!" exclaimed one of the women.

Stan quickly put the car into reverse, and started to panickedly drive backwards.

"Grunkle Stan, what's going on?" asked Dipper worriedly. "We've gotta get out of here, before it's too late!" exclaimed Stan in reply. However, he drove backwards right into a circle of wagons, which started to circle around the car so that there was now nowhere to go.

"They've circled the wagons!" exclaimed Stan, raising his arms up into the air. "We're trapped!! NOOO!!!"

The triplets heard the sound of a cowbell, and Mabel turned to look through her window to see a bug-eyed cow staring at her through the window.

"I've got a good feeling about today."

The triplets got out of the car to look around at the town. It was now old-timey, and everyone was dressed in pioneer clothes.

"Man, look at the town!" exclaimed Dipper.

"Whoa!" Mabel gasped.

"Are they reenacting the original founding of the town?" (y/n) asked. Dipper took out a postcard with a picture of an older Gravity Falls from the past, and held it up to the town before them. It seemed to match exactly.

"By the looks of it" replied Dipper, but when he pulled the postcard down the town seemed to be in a tinted black and white.

"Dirty glass! We've got dirty glass coming through, dirty glass!" said two workers, who were carrying a huge sheet of dirty glass across the town. It was the dirty glass that had been making the town look black and white, and once they had passed, the scene went back to color.

(y/n) chuckled.

"Oh boy" said Stan annoyedly as he walked up next to the triplets. "It's pioneer day. Every year these yahoos dress up like idiots just to celebrate the year Gravity Falls was founded."

"I called it" said (y/n).

Toby walked up to Stan wearing a cowboy hat. "Welcome to 1863!" he said cheerfully. Stan rolled up his suit sleeve furiously. "I will break you, little man!" he threatened. Toby ran right into a barrel of newspapers, then got back up and continued to run away from Stan.

Mabel looked around the old town.

"Wow, look!" she exclaimed enthusiastically. "Candle Dipping!"

Dipper and (y/n) looked around as well.

"Whoa! Gold-panning!" exclaimed Dipper.

"Wow" said (y/n) awkwardly. "Is that a man getting married to a woodpecker?"