Into The Woods

Ethan~ You had a black bandana wrapped around your head like a head band. Most of the cloth covered your forehead and soaked up your sweat. The fingers from the sun shined bright through trees as your hiking boots stomped through puddles of mud, Ethan's tracks were big and deep as he stomped through the muck on the ground.

Your breathing was heavy as you steadied yourself against a thick tree trunk, "Ethan!" You whined, you wiped your brow with the back of your gloved hand and let out a long deep breath. You grabbed your aluminum bottle of water from the side pocket of your bag and chugged down a third of the water. You wiped your mouth with the sleeve of your arm.

Ethan back tracked to where you were standing and kneeled down in front of you, he placed his hand over your knee cap and rubbed lightly across it with his thumb. He looked up at you and smiled, then he chuckled and said, "Tired?"

You nodded your head and so down the tree trunk. Now you were shorter than Ethan. You propped yourself on your knees and breathed heavy, "We've been hiking for hours!"

"I know," Ethan grabbed your hand and stood you up with him, "but at the end of the day, you experienced something new." He began walking up the steep hill, you grabbed your bag and put it on your back. Slowly you trailed behind Ethan. I'd much rather be in bed...you groaned.

Grayson~ You say against the wide and thick trunk of an oak tree. Your feet were bare as you wiggled your toes in the soft dirt. Grayson lay in the grass, head on your lap, his hand over his chest, one behind his head. He stared up at the sky. The sun was high and bright. The shade of the great oak shielded you from the rays of sun.

In front of you was a sea of green grass and a field of golden wheats. Flowers danced around in the light summer breeze, and you relaxed. Grayson looked up at you and smiled, "You're really pretty." You blushed and covered your mouth as you giggled.

He sat up hurriedly, "No seriously. You're really pretty." He stood up and kicked off his shoes. He walked through the grass, he was far ahead and he turned back and held out his hand. He waited for you to slowly walk up to him, and then he took his small hand in yours.

"Where are we going?" You asked, you looked back over your shoulder where your shoes lay. "No one is going to take your shoes." Grayson gave you a reassuring look. Soon, he plopped down in the middle of a field of blue flowers. He patted the spot next to him. You say down and crossed your legs. Then you lay your head on his shoulder. He engulfed you in a warm embrace.

"Nature isn't as bad as you thought." He told you. You shrugged your shoulders, "Nothing is bad when I'm with you dude." You laughed and Grayson kissed your cheek.