How You Meet

Ethan~ You were waiting in a tattoo parlor for your brother. You, yourself had always been too afraid to get a tattoo. And you had reasons why you would never get a tattoo. You always thought about how some tattoo artists never cleaned their needles, and how if they did the procedure wrong it'd get infected, and most importantly, how the needles hurt like hell.

You tapped your fingers on your thigh as you waited for your turn in the chair. You were also in a nervous state of mind, the guys who did the tattoo looked--mean. The females had crazy hair dye and styles in their heads, dark make up, and hundreds of tattoos. Most men had their heads shaven bald and beards. They had on cut up clothes and stern, mean looks on their faces. But one guy, seemed much more pleasant to watch. You had been staring at him for the past hour he was in the chair. You could see him getting a tattoo on the inside of his lip.

"To make you feel better little sis, how about you get something smaller than me?" Your brother said mussing your hair.

The man cleaned his needle and asked what your brother wanted, "Something big--like a roaring lion," he pointed to his back just between the shoulder blades.

You watched as the man sketched and outlined the tattoo of the lion, and you hoped that no one would ever leave an empty seat for you. But soon enough, while your brother had been getting his tattoo, a seat was left empty--a seat that said its your turn. The guy with the pleasant look on his face says "Next." He winked at you as you walked past him.

You stood to your feet and walked over to the leather seat. "Do you have an idea of what kind of tattoo you want?" You nodded your head, staring at the sharp pointed needle. "Something small and simple." The guy nodded but had a confused look on his face.

"Specifics?" He asked, his voice raspy.

"Uhhh---"

"I got an idea!" The boy said walking up to your tattoo artist. The man nodded his head and the boy smiled down at you.

You watched as he drew a small outline of a letter, and then he continued on from there. The needle pinched you and throughout the whole process made a couple of tears come out of your eyes. Soon, you realized it was over. Your skin was red around the new tattoo. And soon you came to realize it said Princess with a frown over top of the word. You smiled, "Thank you." You said wiping a tear from your eye. Your brother glanced over at you, "Scaredy cat." You stood from your seat and grabbed your jacket.

Before you could even take a step out of the door the boy walked up to you and smiled nervously, "I'm Ethan, I was wondering...if maybe, we could exchange numbers?"

Grayson~ You ordered your Caramel Frappicino with extra caramel drizzled I'm top of that sweet sweet whipped cream and stood over the counter waiting for them to shout out your order. Starbucks was filled with all your favorite aromas, everything smelled sweet. Cinnamon. You moved away from the counter looking at the little cakes they had out today. There were coffee cakes, chocolate cakes, pound cakes, and muffins, and cake lollipops. You walked back to the counter just about to ask for that last blueberry muffin when suddenly in the second line a guy asked for the same thing.

You bit your bottom lip and didn't really think of it much. You could always go to a different Starbucks and buy a muffin, or just order a different treat. There was a shout out for the caramel frap and you rushed over to get it, "That's mine!" You called grabbing the cup at the same time the other guy did. You looked up and he looked down on you, your height was way below his. You blushed and let go of the cup, the guy did the same.

"Sorry." He apologized. You pushed the coffee over towards him and shrugged your shoulders, "Take it." He pushed it back over to you, you catch it and turn the cup around, a name was always written on the side of the cup so orders wouldn't get mixed up.

"Grayson." You said sliding the cup back to him, "It's actually yours." The guy nods his head, "Thank you." Just then the man from behind the counter called out a second frappe. The man looked at it and took it, "Now we have no problems. Uh...," he turned the cup around to see your name. "(Y/N), that's a pretty name." The guy laughed. He looked down at his watch,"Uhh..." He starts, "There's one table over there. I mean it's a booth. Would you like to come join me?" He looked at you with a pleading smile.

"Are you saying something?" You ask. "You should sit and enjoy the coffee with me." You nod your head, "I'd love to sit with you Grayson."