Chapter One: The Danger

(Sorry if this chapter is a little slow and short. It will be in full swing by the next chapter. Hope you like it.) ☺

In the middle of the kingdom, the king and his family lived in the castle and watched the townspeople below them at the bottom of the hill to make sure all was good. Everything thing was calm now, but the king could not help but feel uneasy. The attacks from the Dark Realm had stopped little over a year ago, but something wasn't right. It was a normal day in the Light Kingdom. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and everyone in the kingdom was going about their daily lives. Up in the castle, the king was in the library with his wife, when their oldest daughter Elizabeth knocked on the door.

"May I come in father?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yes. Come in. It's just me and your mother." The king replied.

The big wood door to the library opened with a small creek. The Elizabeth walked in. She had on a long blue dress with long sleeves, and her long blond hair was in a braid that went past her shoulders. When she entered she was met with her father reading an old book, and her mother was embroidering. She looked at them with her green eyes and walked into the room. The reason she was here was she wanted to ask them something that had been on her mind lately.

"Mom. Dad." She began. "I would like to ask you something."

The king and queen look at their daughter and nodded.

"I would like to leave the castle, and go to the town." She finished.

They look at her for a moment, then they looked at each other. After a few moments of silence, and the king spoke.

"Why do you want to leave? You could be killed or taken. We don't know what's out there." The king said.

"I have been cooped up in this castle for the past five years! I need to get out and have some fun!" Elizabeth snaps back. "Sally feels the same way I do! We both need to get out for a while! See some new things! Alexander gets to go outside the walls! Why can't we?"

The king sets his book down and goes to the window, and looks out at the town below.

"Sally is only ten. She is still a child, and doesn't know what's best for her." The king mumbles. He turns. "Your brother knows the dangers that are, and knows how to protect himself."

Then the queen walks over to him and puts a hand on his shoulder. She looks at her daughter and smiles.

"What if we let you and your sister go out to town for one day?" The queen starts to say. "Your brother can go with you, and two guards. You can do whatever you want, but you have to be back before sunset." The queen finishes.

The king and Elizabeth stared at her. Then the king looks down and closes his eyes.

"Is this what you want?" The king asks. "Are you positive? If you are then I guess you can go."

Elizabeth runs up and hugs them both tightly.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!" She says.

A huge grin on her face as she runs out to tell her little sister Sally the good news. The king and queen set back down in their chair's once again. They look at each other for a while before one of them says something.

"Mary, are we doing the right thing letting them go?" The king asks his wife.

"Yes. Elizabeth is right it's time for them to go." Mary says. "You know she is right Gragery. We can't keep them here all the time. They need to get out more." Mary says to her husband.

Gragery is about to say something, but then they can hear the sounds of Elizabeth and Sally talking about going outside.

"You're right," Gragery says. "What's the worst that could happen?"

                                                                They will soon find that out.