Chapter Twelve: A New Old Friend

"Don't move." Alex whispered.

They both stood as still as possible. They found out what made the tree fall. It was a dragon. It was as dark as night with a silver strip down it's back. It had huge wings and looked like it could tar anything with the claws on it four feet.

"What do we do?" Marisa asked.

"I don't know," Alex said back. "Just stay calm."

The dragon walked closer to then till it was only about a hundred feet away from them. Then it's attention was drawn to something to their left.

Then Allen, Zanara, and the captain came out of the woods.

"It can't be!" Zanara said.

"I think it is!" Allen said back.

Marisa and Alexander looked at them with a confused look.

"Well if you would like to include us that would be nice," Alex said sarcastically. "I don't know if you noticed, but there is a huge dragon in front of us."

Zanara walked up to the dragon, only to have to snap its teeth at her.

"Shhhh," Zanara said calmly. "It's okay. Don't you remember us? It's Zanara and Allen."

Zanara then was able to walk up to it, and it lowered it's head to let her rub its snout.

"That's Star Streak I take it?" Quincy said walking up to Zanara.

The dragon didn't like that at all. He made a low hissing sound and barred his teeth at Quincy.

"He is very protective of Zanara," Allen said putting a hand on the captain on the shoulder. "She was always his favorite."

"What just happened?" Alex asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Marisa said. "This is a friend of theirs from when they were little."

"Spot on," Allen said. "He is bigger than I remember."

Allen walked up a gave the dragon a soft pat.

Quincy tried once again to walk up to them, and this time the dragon didn't mind too much.

"He's so sweet!" Marisa said as Star Streak sniffed her. "And cute too!"

"Well." Alexander started. "What do we do now."

"We head back to the ship," Quincy said.

Zanara and Allen gave him a pleading look. Quincy just chuckled and shook his head.

"Star Streak can come too." Quincy said looking at the dragon. "We will figure something out. Now back to the ship."

"Yes, sir." They said and headed back to the ship.

"Where do you think the captain is?" One of the crew members named Jeff asked. "It almost sunset."

"He will be here," Larry said.

Just as he said the some of them came out of the woods.

"See," Larry said. "Told you-."

Before he could finish he saw a dragon coming out of the woods. They began to shout and run around not knowing what to do.

"Stand down!" Quincy yelled. "The dragon is not a foe."

Once they were all there the captain told them about what happened, and that the dragon would come with them.

"Can the ship hold the wait captain?" A crew member asked.

"Are you doubting the captain and his ship?" Allen questioned.

"No!" He quickly said.

"Good," Quincy said back. "Now to the Dark Realm."

They all got on the lifeboats, and went back to the Night Stalker. Star Streak just flew overhead and landed on the deck. The ship rocked but didn't sink.

They then began to sail away from the island, and back into the open ocean.