Chapter Sixteen: So It Begins

In the morning, or at least what they thought was morning they set out. They knew that in a few hours they would be at the Dark Lord's door, literally.    

As they what walking they kept hearing sounds that kept them all alert. The more the walked to more they would hear the sound. It got closer and closer. Then suddenly some people came running at them with swords.

"Ah ha!" One of them yelled. "We found some of the Dark Lord's men!"

Then Alexander came out and held his hand out to them.

"Stand down!" Alex ordered.

The men who came out of the woods looked at him for a moment, and then they saw who he was. Then all went down on one knee and bowed their heads.

"We are sorry!" One man said to him. "We didn't know it was you. Please forgive us."

"Rise." Alex said.

Once they stood up Alexander looked at them. There were about twenty of them, but he knew there were going to be more.

"How many are there?" Alex asked the men.

"I would say most of the army form at least three kingdoms." One of them said.

"Good. Where are they now?" Alex asked. "Is there a plan?"

"We are already getting into positions for the attack, sir." He said to Alex. "We should be starting within the hour."

"Alright," Alex said looking at Marisa and the rest of them. "We will join up with these men, and fight with them. It will give us a better chance. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir!" All of them said to him.

They continued walking and knew it wouldn't be long till they had to fight.

"Wait," Jillian said. "Where are Zanara and Allen?"

They looked around but did see them anywhere. They didn't even see Start Streak.

"Well. I guess we will have to keep going without them." Mark said.

They reached to door to the castle and could see that it already had been broken into. They could hear yelling inside.

"ATTACK!" Alex yelled.

They all ran inside where they were met with fighting, and could already see that there were some who had died. They joined the fight and knew that this is where the fate of the world would be sealed.

"Star Streak," Zanara said to the dragon. "Go find the princesses."

Then Star Stream went off somewhere to find them. Zanara and Allen let running down a long hallway.

"Zanara," Allen said. "Do you feel that?"

"Yes." She said. "He's close, and he knows we're here."

They saw a door, and want in it. That's when they found him. The Dark Lord.

He looked at him as they came in, and he almost smiled.

"Hello again." The Dark Lord said calmly. "It has been a while."

"Yes, it has," Alden said glaring at him. "What are you planning? Why kidnap them?"

"What not even a hello back?" The Dark Lord asked faking sadness. "As for why. I think you already know."

"Are you still set on that?!" Zanara asked. "Just stop! You've already done stupid stuff! Don't try to do more!"

Allen looked at his sister with slight worry in his eyes, but it went away as fast as it came.

"Still the same I see." The Dark Lord said walking up to them. "By the way. Congregations Zanara, so Quincy asked you to marry him. And, how is it being without magic? I don't know, but you would first hand."

The Dark Lord chuckled and reached his hand out to touch Zanara's cheek, but she smacked it away.

"Can it!" Zanara snapped at him. "You are nothing but a sorry excuse for a human being!"

"Why do you say such hurtful things?" He put on a hurt expiration. "After all, that's no way to treat your big brother."