Chapter Three: The Dark Lord & The Light Keepers

Far out the light king's domain lays the Dark Realm. In this realm, you will find the Dark Lord himself. He and his troops have been attacking the light kingdom for the past seven years, but nobody knows why. A little over a year ago the attacks all but stopped. The Dark Lord's hope was to have the light kingdom lower their guard, and fall for his trap. His people were in place, now all he needed to do was wait. All his Waiting finally paid off. He was in his magic room when one of his men came in.

"Sir!" The man began. "We have captured princess Elisabeth and Sally. Your plan worked perfectly."

The Dark Lord removed his hood and turned to the man who gave him the news. His black hair covered the left side of his face and went down just past his neck. He looked at the man with his dark brown eyes. He had a huge scar going across his face ending above his left eye.

"Where are they now?" The Dark Lord says. "I wish to speak with Elisabeth."

"They are in the cells," The man gulped. "But they haven't woken up yet. They should wake up in within the next two days."

"Good. Inform me when the awake." The Dark Lord said. "Now leave me!"

The man about fell over trying to leave. With a chuckle and a creepy smile, the Dark Lord went back to his spells.

Back at the Light Kingdom word got around quickly that the princesses were taken by the Dark Lord and his men. It's been over a week since a young girl named Marisa showed up at the castle gates with a badly wounded Alexander. It took Alexander five days to wake up. When he did he told them all what happened. Everybody told him that it wasn't his fault, but Alexander still felt so bad about it. The king sent out a letter to all the kingdoms they were allied with asking for help getting princesses back. Alexander wanted to go with them, but the king said no.

Among the people who heard about the kidnapping was a group of archers, swordsmen, sorcerers, healers, and much more. Nobody knew that this group existed besides the people in it. They would do what they could to help the kingdom in any way they could, so when they heard what happened they knew they had to do something. They call themselves the Light Keepers.

"We can't just not do anything!" Said a girl with hazel eyes, and long brown-blond hair. "Our job for the past seven generations has been to protect and help the kingdom! We can just walk away!"

The leaders of the group were debating whether to help find the princesses. Normally they wouldn't hesitate, but this is the Dark Lord. They need to choose carefully.

"We know that Jillian!" A man blond hair and green eyes said. But we would either have to let on that we exist, or take on the Dark Lord ourselves!"

The room went silent for a bit. Then someone said something, breaking the silence.

"I say we go." A girl with red hair and green eyes said. "We need to help, and if that means telling a member of the king's family we exist then that's what we will do."

"We know how you feel about this Marisa, but we need to think hard about this." The man from before said. "And we also know that you are close to the prince."

Marisa looks down. Jillian comes over to Marisa and pats her shoulder.

"And there is nothing wrong with that Jim." Jillian says.

Marisa looked at her with a grateful smile. The argument went on for a few more hours. Till finally, they decided to vote on it.

"All in favor raise their hand." Said Jim. Seven of them did. "All agents raise their hand." Only three did. "Then that's it. We leave for the Dark Realm in two days!"

Then everybody left to get ready for the long trip ahead.

Marisa went to the castle to check on Alexander before she left. When she got there, she heard the king arguing with Alexander about something. She leaned her ear agents the door to hear what they were saying.

"Father I am the best fighter in the kingdom! You know that!" Alexander said to the king. "I am well enough to go and fight! Please, father, let me go!"

"NO! I will not let you go!" The king said. "You don't know the Dark Lord like I do! He could kill you without even lifting a finger! No! I won't let you go! That is my final word."

With that, Marisa walked away from the door and went to the other room.

Could we take him with us? She thought to herself. Just then Alexander came around the corner.

"Oh. Hello, Marisa." He said with a small smile. "I was on my way to the garden. Would you like to come with me?"

"Hi Alex, and yes I would like that. Thank you."

And with that, they went to the castle garden. They sat under a tree and talked for a while before Marisa finally said what was on her mind.

"Alex?" She started.

"Yes. What is it?" He said

"I heard you and your father in the other room," Marisa confessed. "And I say you should go. I have a way you can, but you can't tell anyone about it. Come with me."

They both started walking away from the castle, and into the woods. Alex had no clue where Marisa was taking him, but he would find out soon.