Chapter Ten: Refuge

Elisabeth and Sally were asked to join the Dark Lord for dinner and to talk about what was going to happen to them.

"Sir," Viv said as she opened the door. "The princesses are here."

"Good." The Dark Lord said. "Bring them in."

Viv opened the door, and the three of them walked in.

"Ah. Elisabeth. Sally. Please take a seat." The Dark Lord said. "I'm sure you are both hungry."

"Cut the crap!" Elisabeth shouted hitting the table. "What do you want? Money? Tartary? What?"

"Now, now." The Dark Lord said. "No need to yell. That will all come in time. Let's eat first."

With a flick of his hand two chairs slid out from the table, and they were forced into them.

"Apple?" He said holding one out to them.

Back on the Night Stalker things went from bad to worse quickly.

"ROUGE WAVE CAPTAIN!" A crew member named Fred shouted.

"ALL HANDS READY FOR IMPACT!" Quincy shouted.

"ALLEN! JILLIAN!" Zanara yelled over the storm. "TRY A WATER SPELL!"

Jillian could control water with her magic, but she had never done anything like this before. Allen was used to working with the ocean, but he could stop a rogue wave be himself.

"OK!" Allen yelled. "ARE YOU READY JILLIAN!?"

"YES!" She shouted back.

The wave got smaller but didn't stop. Them it hit them. Water went right over the ship's deck taking anything or anyone with it.

"ALEX!" Marisa shouted.

Alexander was in the rough sea. Drifting farther away every moment.

"THROW HIM A LINE!" Jim yelled.

One of the crew brought a rope and tossed it over the side of the ship. It took a few tries to get the line to him, but they managed. He grabbed the rope, and they began to pull him in.

"Thanks." He said coughing up water.

Marisa took him below deck.

"LOOK SIR!" Allen yelled. "LAND!"

"GOOD! WE WAIT OUT THE STORM THERE!" Quincy shouted back.

"YES CAPTAIN!" Allen yelled back.

They made their way to the island, and they noticed the closer they got to the island the clearer the weather got. By the time they got to the island it was clear.

Once everyone was ashore they looked around and could see what looked like a path going into the woods. It was all so colorful and full of animals.

"Where are we?" Hanna asked. "I have never seen anything like this place."

"Well. I think we can answer that." Allen said looking at Zanara. "Isn't that right Zanara?"

"Yes," Zanara said. "You see. This is our home. This is where we were born."

Everyone looked at them with a confused look on their faces.

"I thought you said you were found in a village," Mary said. "Was that here?"

"We were," Allen says. "We found a way to leave this island when it was invaded."

"Invaded?" Hanna asked. "By who?"

"The Dark Lord," Zanara said coldly. "He killed our parents, and tried to take us."

"How old were you when this happened?" Kelcy asked.

"I was seven," Allen said. "Zanara was six. We fought him, and then escaped."

"He must be old then," Jim said.

"How so?" Jillian asked.

"Well if he attacked when they were young then he would have to be."

"What if I told you he wasn't?" Allen said. "He was only in his teens when he attacked this place."

"He was strong even when he was small," Zanara said sadly. "But enough about that. Let's go find some food to resupply."

"Good idea," Quincy said coming up behind Zanara and placing a hand on her shoulder. "We should get what food we can. Zanara is there fresh water on this island?"

"Yes," Zanara said. "Good idea."

"Well then." Quincy started. "We shall go get some water, and the rest of you can go find some food. We meat back here at sundown."

"Yes, sir!" They all said.

Then they went off into the woods to find what they needed, but other things were in the woods too.