Chapter Fifteen: Illusions

They made camp that night, but nobody could sleep. They were in the Dark Lord's homeland and didn't want to let their grad down. After a few hours, it was late, and everyone was getting tried.

Then they saw a light coming out of the woods. It wasn't too bright, but it as there. It came close to them, and they began to see what it was.

"Elisabeth! Sally!" Alexander yelled, and began to run up to them.

"Wait, Alex, Stop!" Jim said grabbing him. "what do you think you're doing?!"

"Let go!" Alex said fighting to get free. "It my sisters! Let me go to them!"

But when Jim looked he saw nothing but a dim light.

Then Zanara and Allen dropped to the ground clutching their heads and screaming.

"Mom! Dad!" Zanara yelled. "No! Stop! it's not real!"

Star Streak was right are Zanara's side, but couldn't do anything to help her.

"What's happening?" Mark asked. "What are they doing?"

"It's....it's him...." Allen said clutching his head. "He's trying to get in our heads."

"What do we do?" Jillian asked.

Then before she could finish screamed and fell to the ground.

"No!" Jillian yelled.

"What is it?" Mary asked.

"That can't be! They are back home! No!" Jillian yelled.

"Who?" Mary asked trying to comfort her. "What do you see?"

All she did was scream.

"We have to snap them out of it." Mark said.

"But how?" Marisa asked trying to calm Alex.

"Mary." Zanara began. "Use your magic to block the magic that is making us see these things."

Mary nodded and began to focus on stopping it.

"It's not working!" Mary said in annoyance.

"Try again," Jim said. "Mark help her."

"Right," Mark said and went to his sister.

They both combined their magic, and after want seemed like forever one by one they came out of the spell.

"Why!" Alex said sadly. "Why did he take them!"

Jim gave him a comforting pat.

"I don't know." Jim said to him.

"He will pay!" Alex yelled at the sky. "You heard me! Pay!"

"Alex," Marisa said coming over to him. "We will find them. Everything will be alright."

"That's why we are here," Mark said. "To find them, and beat the Dark Lord."

Some of them went to sleep, and some stayed up to keep watch. When it got a little bit brighter out they set off once again.

After a while, they felt the air around them change. It as colder, and more threatening.

They were close.

Off in the distance, they could see what looked like a mountain. All rock with no trees.

"There," Allen said. "That's where we will find him."

They looked at the mountain and thought about how close they were. One more night, and then they would be there.

"Well," Jillian said. "What are we waiting for? Sooner we get there the sooner we find the princesses......"

She trailed off. She didn't need to say it. They all knew what was up there.

They continued walking as long as they could, but they needed to sleep. So, they made camp for the last time before they would reach the Dark Lord, and they didn't know what waited for them there.

"So, they are almost here?" The Dark Lord thought to himself and laughed. "Soon we will have a battle on our hands. I hope they are ready for what I have in store for them, but if they don't it will be more fun. It's too bad they won't live to see the new word I will create. Well, tomorrow it will begin. I can't wait."