Chapter Nineteen: A Plan To Win

The fighting went on in and around the castle. More people fell to the ground injured or dead, but they could try to help them without risking getting hit by the enemy.

Elisabeth was fighting next to Marisa. They were back to back, so they couldn't get blindsided.

"Duck!" Elisabeth said just before a flaming arrow came flying over their heads. "That was close."

"Thanks for the warning," Marisa said. "I didn't even see it."

The fighting went on, and now it was starting to get dark. Luckily Star Streak came in and would get ten people at a time with his claws. He also gave off a small glow.

"Now things are looking up," Mark said to Alex. "We might come out alive."

"We will see," Alex said to him. "It looks to me that this battle is far from over."

"You might be right," Jim said coming up beside them. "But at least we have a dragon on our side." 

They almost laughed but knew that the battle would go on well into the night.

"Well, men," Alex said. "It's all or nothing!"

"What's the matter, captain?" A crew member asked. "You've been kind of out of it ever since we left the Dark Realm."

Quincy didn't say anything back. All he could think of was what Allen had said before they left.

"There is something inside of him," Allen had said. "Once it's in nothing can stop it. The only way to stop it is to kill the host."

"What are you saying?" Quincy asked. "There is some dark magic controlling Jamison?"

"Yes," Allen started. "Once someone gets's too strong the magic they use will start to take over, and the only way to stop it is to kill the user."

"So," Quincy began. "You and Zanara will have to kill Jamison? Does Zanara know?"

"I don't think," Allen said. "She doesn't know about it yet."

 "Do you plan on telling her?" Quincy asked.

"No," Allen said back. "I don't think she should know till she has to."

"When will that be?" Quincy asked. "Why all the secrets?"

"........"

"Well?" Quincy asked once more.

"I don't want her to know because we might not be able to kill him,"  Allen said. "And if that's the case then I have a plan to fall back on."

Quincy didn't like the way that sounded.

"And what would that be?" Quincy asked.

Quincy hopped that it wouldn't come to that, but he just didn't know.

"Sir?" The man said again.

"Sorry," Quincy said. "I was just lost in thought. Pay me no mind."

"Very well, Caption." The man said and walked off.

"Be careful guys," Quincy said to himself. "Be very careful."

Back at the Dark Lord's castle things weren't looking good. The more they fought the more tired they got, but the Dark Lord's men seemed fine.

"What's with them!" Jim asked. "They just keep getting stronger!"

"I know!" Jillian said back. "Now be quiet and keep fighting!"

He did as he was told, but it seemed useless. If anything there seemed to be more of them than there were at the start of the battle. They seemed to have a dark energy to them as well. The dark feeling kept getting stronger.

What is that? It's so dark, so evil. I've never felt this before. Mary thought to herself as she fought.

The fight went well into the night. It looked like the Dark Lord's men would win. They were about to fall back and give up, but then something changed. The dark feeling started to go away, and the Dark Lord's men started to get worn out as well.

"What is happening?" Marisa asked.

"I don't know," Alex said to her. "But whatever it is let's hope it keeps going."

What had made the dark energy fade? That would be found out by them all very soon.