Chapter Four: The Quest Begins

Marisa was dragging Alexander behind her. She hoped that everyone would be alright with her bringing him to them. After about an hour of walking, they reached a clearing with a huge tree in the middle. Marisa walked up to the tree and put her hand on it, and started to chant something that Alexander didn't understand. After a few seconds the tree started glowing, and then a hole opened at the bottom leading down. Alexander looked at Marisa in shock.

"How did you do that?" He asked her with a look of amazement. "You never told me you could use magic."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you," Marisa says. "I needed to keep it a secret. You will understand in a moment. Now follow me."

With that, she went into the tree and motioned for him to follow. They both went into the dark hole, and after they were both in it closed behind them. They continued until they could see a light. When they got to the light it opened up into a huge room full of people. Once they entered the room everybody stopped and stared at them with wide eyes.

"Everyone!" Marisa said with confidence. "This is Prince Alexander of the Light Kingdom! He is here to help us on our quest to rescue the princesses from the Dark Lord!"

After they got over there shocked the all bowed. Then a man stands and walks over to them.

"Welcome, sir," Jim said. "It is an honor to know we will be fighting alongside you. We are the Light Keepers. No one out of this group knows we exist. We do all we can to help the kingdom, but we never take credit for it."

Alexander looks astonished and amazed with them all. He wants to know more.

"We were told that one of the biggest attacks on the kingdom was stopped by an unknown party. Was that you?"

They all nodded, and looked back at the prince who was.... bowing?

"The Light Kingdom and myself thank you deeply." Said, Alexander. "It will be an honor to fight with you."

Alexander stands back up. Everybody looks at him with a huge smile on their face. Then they all lift their hands and shout.

"HAZA!"

After that, they all went back to packing for the long and hard traveling they will have to do tomorrow. Marisa came up to him am gave him a happy look. Then they began to help with the preparations.

The next day they set out to the Dark Realm. They did make a quick doter so that Alexander could leave a note saying he was going to fight and not to worry. They have been traveling for almost a day, and they were ready to make camp for the night.

"Thank you," Alex said to Marisa. "If it wasn't for you I would be back at the castle arguing with my father."

"It's no trouble, Alex." She said to him with a warm smile. "I know how well you can fight. I know we will get them back."

"I hope so," Alex said. "I should have been there. I could have stopped them! What was I thinking leaving them alone?"

"It's not your fault," Marisa said. "Nobody could have known that they would be kidnapped. We will get them back no matter what, even if that means giving our lives. That's our job. That's why we are all here."

"Thank you again." He says and hugs her. "You are right. We will get them back no matter what."

Everybody went to bed early, so they could get an early start in the morning. They still had five more days of walking before they got to the sea, and who knows how long they would need to be at sea.

Out of the shadows the same cloaked figure from the town. The figure looked around the camp until someone on watch came into view. Just before the girl on watch could see the cloaked figure disappeared into the darkness.