Chapter Fourteen: Welcome To The Dark Realm

The sun began to rise over the ocean, but it was different. It looked darker and more ominous. Later in the day, they could see land.

"Land!" Marisa yelled. "I see land!"

"Good!" Quincy said, and they mumbled something no one but him could hear. "Or maybe not so good."

"What was that Quincy?" Zanara said coming up behind him. "I didn't catch that."

"Oh, it's nothing Zanara," Quincy said.

She wasn't convinced but didn't want to argue about it.

They made it to a port, and they began to leave.

"Thank you," Alex said holding his hand out to Quincey. "You seem like a good man, and I misjudged you. If we come back alive I will do what I can to get you a pardon."

"Thanks for the offer," Quincy said. "Good luck."

"Zanara." Quincy said.

"Yes?" Zanara answered.

"Be careful," Quincy said. "I don't want anything to happen to you again."

"I will be," Zanara said. "I will beat him, and get my magic back."

"I don't doubt that," Quincy said. "You still have some magic left. Plus Allen and Star Streak will be there to back you up."

He led in and gave Zanara a kiss. Then he began to go back to his ship and sailed off.

"Hey, Allen?" Zanara said.

"Yes? What is it?" Allen said back.

"Is something wrong with Quincy?" Zanara asked. "I mean it's not like we've never been apart before."

"I'm sure its nothing." Allen lied.

He hated not telling her the truth, but he couldn't tell her. Quincy said not to tell her about what they had talked about in his cabin. Zanara wouldn't understand and would try to stop it, but it was unavoidable.

"Come on!" Jim said. "You guys are the ones telling us where to go!"

"OK. We're coming." Zanara said with a small smile.

No, he couldn't tell her.

"So, they are on their way?" The Dark Lord said to himself. "I must say that I didn't think that Zanara would ask Allen to come along. This should be fun."

He walked over to the window and laughed.

"Soon!" He yelled. "Soon you will be here, and then I will crush you! First you, and the little group of so-called fighters. Then the world! It will all be mine! Just like it was meant to be!"

He continued to laugh, and look out at the land around him that seemed to be in a darkness that always seemed to be there.

"It is day, right?" Mark asked.

"Yes." Zanara said not looking back.

"I was asking because day is usually.... Oh, I don't know bright!?" Mark said annoyed.

"Ever seance the Dark Lord came here it's been dark," Allen said to Mark. "He says that there should be nothing but dark, there is no need for light."

"Sounds like a nice guy," Jillian said sarcastically. "What reason would he have to do that?"

Zanara and Allen just looked at each other but said nothing.

"Who knows why," Hanna said.

"Maybe it's out of spite?" Kelcy said back. "I guess we will never know."

"It is spite," Zanara said. "He has a grudge agent the Light Kingdom, and anyone there."

"Why?" Marisa asked her.

She didn't answer, and Marisa didn't want to dig too deep if it meant getting Zanara mad.

Just one more full day of walking and they would arrive at the Dark Lord, and they all knew bad things would happen. They all hoped for something good to happen before they got there, but didn't think they would get it.