Chapter Twenty-One: The Light Brightens

The battle ended soon after they felt the change in magic. Some of the Dark Lord's men had run, and the rest have been killed or captured. They began to exit the castle and found each other again. Once Alexander left he could see Elizabeth with Sally under a tree. He ran to them.

"Sally!" He yelled giving her a big hug. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too," Sally said with a big smile. "I'm happy to see you."

Alex looked over at Elisabeth.

"I'm sorry," Alex said. "I should have been there. I could have stopped them."

"Oh, don't say that," Elizabeth said. "What's done is done. It's over now. We can go home."

After a while, the rest of them came out.

"Has anyone seen Zanara or Allen?" Mary asked. "They should be out by now."

They all looked at each other just realizing that they weren't there.

"Should we look for them?" Jillian asked.

Before they could they saw a terrible sight.

Start Streak walking out of the castle behind Allen. They could see that Allen was carrying someone, and as he got closer they could tell who it was.

Mary and Mark went up to him.

"What happened?" Mark asked.

Allen looked at them all and put a strong face on.

"Let it be known to all!" Allen said grabbing the attention of everyone in the area. "That on this day Zanara Q. Midnight died in order to kill the Dark Lord! She killed him by using a Body Switch spell, but in doing that had to kill herself! So, let it be known in all places that Zanara of the Midnight family has killed the Dark Lord!"

They all lowered their heads as a sign of respect. Then Alex walked over to Allen and bowed.

"Her sacrifice will not be forgotten," Alex said to him. "She was a brave fighter and a good person."

Then he stood and looked at Allen sadly.

"I am so sorry." Alex said

Allen nodded, and then he got on Star Streak.

"Thank you," Jim said to him. "We can't repay what you have done."

"You don't have to," Allen said getting onto Star Streak. "Just remember what happened here, and keep everyone safe."

  Whith that Star Streak began to fly. They watched as they flew off until they were gone.

They all started to head back to where the Light Kingdoms ships were. Once the got to the ships they didn't see any sign of the Night Stalker, but they knew that it was still out there somewhere.

As they all traced back to the Light Kingdome they told everyone about what had happened over the past few weeks. They ran into a couple of smile storms on the way, but nothing too bad.

Once they got back to the Light Kingdome everyone celebrated. The war was over! The Dark Lord was dead! Alex told his mother and father how Zanara had given her life to kill the Dark Lord, and that the Night Stalker should and her crew should be pardoned. It took a little bit of convincing, but they agreed to pardon the Night Stalker. 

Alex and Marisa were walking in the garden talking about what had happened.

"Zanara would be happy knowing that Quincy wasn't going to be hanged if captured," Marisa said. "It's such a shame what happened."

"It is," Alex said. "She was a good person. I can not repay what she did."

"How do you think Allen is doing?" Marisa asked.

"It's hard to say," Alex said to her. "If I lost one of my sisters I wouldn't know how to handle it. I do hope he is OK. Where ever he is."

They sat down on a bench and talked a little longer. The sun began to set behind the mountains and made the sky full of colors. Marisa stood and was about to leave, but Alex grabbed her hand.

"Marisa?" Alex began. "I was just thinking that if you weren't seeing anyone tha-"

He was cut off by Marisa kissing him. He was shocked at first but then relaxed into it.

"So, is that a yes?" Alex asked.

"Of course!" Marisa said laughing.

They walked back into the castle and found Elisabeth smiling at them.

"About time!" Elisabeth said.

"What is does that mean?" Alex asked.

She just laughed and ran off.

The sun had set, and the stars and moon came out. They filled the night sky with a comforting light and for the first time in years, the kingdom was at peace.