Capture Two: Don't Take Gifts From Strangers

Elizabeth and Sally were getting ready for their day outside the castle. They walked down to the entrance of the castle and said bye to their mother and father. Two guards came up and open the doors. The four of them walked outside and found Alexander waiting for them.

"Elizabeth. Sally. Are you ready?" Alexander asks.

"YES!" They both say at the same time.

"You two will need to be on full alert when we get to town," Alexander says. "And you two." He turns to the guards. "The same goes for you. Anything could happen out here, so don't let anything happen to the princesses. Understood?"

"Yes, captain." The guards say and salute.

"We will lay down our lives if we have to." Says one.
"Good," Alexander replied. "Now let's get going."

(Time skip about an hour)

They arrived in town and found it to be very busy. The townspeople were selling foods, crafts, plants, animals, weapons, and other things. They walked up to a girl selling flowers.

"Good day all."The girl said with a smile. "Would you like to get some flowers? They are fresh from this morning. Oh, hello Alexander. I haven't seen you around for a while. How are you?"

"I am doing well Marisa. These are my younger sisters Elizabeth and Sally."

"How do you do?" Marisa said with a bow. "I have heard a lot about you two from Alexander. He speaks very highly of you."

"How do you two know each other?" Elisabeth asked. "I didn't think that Alexander knew anyone outside the castle." Elisabeth looked at Marisa who was trying not to laugh.

"Almost everyone knows Alex. He has many friends outside the castle." Marisa starts. "As for how we met. It was about two and a half years ago. I was walking in town with my flowers when someone pushed me down and stole my flowers and money. I couldn't chase after them because when I fell broke my ankle."

"And that's when I took notice of what was happening." Alex continued. "I found the man who took Marisa's stuff and turned him in. I then returned Marisa's stolen belongings back to her and helped her get home. I would check up on her to see how she was doing. When she was better we would hang out a lot, and we became friends." When he was done Marisa smiled.

"So, you helped her out, and then became friends?" Said Elisabeth. "That is so sweet."

"well, it was good seeing to again Marisa," Alex said. "We should be on our way now."

"Here," Marisa said grabbing some flowers and handing them to Elisabeth and Sally. "Take this before you go. My treat."

"Thank you." Said Sally. "They are very pretty."

"Yes. Thank you so much, Marisa." Said Elisabeth. Marisa just smiled.

"You are welcome. It was nice to meet you Sally, Elisabeth."

"Please, call me Lissy." said Elisabeth.

"OK, bye Sally. Bye Lissy. Have a good day." Marisa said while waving.

They walked away and went to a few more shops. Just before they were about to head back they heard yells from nearby. The guards went to check it out, and then they called for Alexander's help.

"You both stay here, and don't move." Said Alex. Then he went to help. Just after he left an old man came up to the princesses.

"Hello." Said the man. "You two look like you would like some fabrics." He held out fabrics of all colors. They looked at him, and then Elisabeth stood.

"Yes. That would be nice." Elisabeth said. "How much do you want for them?"

The man just held them out and said. "Take them. You can have them for free." Then Elisabeth took them. "You know." The mad started. "They have a nice smell to them. Take a sniff."

Elisabeth and sally smelled the cloth. It smelled like cakes and fruits. Then they started to feel tired. They blacked out and fell to the ground. The mad picked them up and started to walk away with them. That's when Alexander came running around the corner. He saw the men taking his sisters, and he charged.

"UNHAND THEM!" He shouted drawing his sword.

Then two men came out of nowhere and began to fight Alexander. Normally Alexander could have beaten them, but he was watching on his sisters. The fight went on for a few minutes, but then with a swing of a sword, Alex was down. He had a huge gash going down his chest.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!" He tries to move, but his injury is to grate. The two men look down at him.

"You tell your king that the Dark Lord sends his greetings." Says one of them. Then they disappear. He tries to stand again, but he can't. Alex sees Marisa running up to him. Then he blacks out.

Nobody notices the cloaked figure who has been watching from behind a wall the whole time.

                                                                 What will happen next?