Chapter Thirteen: Visions and Dreams

Thankfully the storm had passed, and they continued their trip across the sea. Star Streak would not leave Zanara's side, and Star Streak would often move in between Zanara and the captain. Zanara found it cute and funny, but the captain not so much.

"Captain?" Allen asked.

"Yes," Quincy said. "What is it?"

"I've seen the way that Star Streak has been acting around you," Allen said. "And I think it is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time."

As Allen laughed Quincy just glared at him.

"Wait!" Allen said smirk on his face. "You're jealous? You're jealous of a dragon! Oh, this is this is to purer!"

"Is that why you came here?" Quincy said obviously annoyed. "To tease me, or did you have a reason?"

After Allen calmed down he spooks.

"There is a reason," Allen said. "But we shouldn't talk about it here."

"Alright then." Quincy said back "We will discuss it in my cabin."

They went into the cabin and closed the door.

At the Light Kingdom, the king was in a panic.

"Why would he leave!?" The King said. "After I told him not to he went anyway!"

"Calm down." The Queen said putting a hand on his shoulder. "We should be getting word back from the army any day now, and they will tell us that he is with them."

"Sir!" A man yelled running in with a latter in his hand.

"See." The Queen said.

The man handed him the letter and then left the room.

"What does it say?" The Queen asked.

"It says." The King Started. "That there is no sign of Alexander in any of the ranks."

He ripped the letter in frustration.

"That's it!" The King said. "I don't know where he is, or even if he's alive. What do we do now?"

"All we can do is wait...." The Queen said. "And hope that they will all come back safe. Now it's getting late. We should try to sleep."

"Fine." The king said. "Not much we can do tonight anyway."

They both headed to their room and went to sleep.

"Hello?" A girl's voice said in the darkness. "Are you there?"

"What?" The King said. "Who's there? Show yourself!"

"If that will make you feel better." The voice said, and a person came out of the blackness.

"Who are you!" The King yelled.

"You don't know me, but my name is Zanara Midnight. I am here to talk about your son, but we don't have much time."

"What do you know about my son?" He asked.

"He is safe," Zanara said. "He is a group of us, and we are almost to the Dark Realm."

"No!" The king yelled.

"Don't worry we will protect him," Zanara said. "He is in good hands......"

Her voice trailed off.

"What?" The King asked.

"That's all I have time to tell you," Zanara said.

She began to fade.

"Wait!" The king yelled. "I still have questions!"

The king woke with a start and tried to go back to sleep.

Back on the Night Stalker Quincy and Allen were finishing their long conversation.

"Keep in mind that I could be wrong," Allen said but didn't sound convinced.

"Thank you for telling me," Quincy said sadly. "We will figure it out as it comes. You may leave now."

Allen then left the room and went back on deck.

"Well. I guess if Allen is right. Then it is out of my hands." Quincy said to himself softly. "I will make the best of it, but Zanara can't know."

After a few more minutes of thinking about what Allen had told him, he went back on deck and continued his work.

"Hey, Mary?" Alexander started. "What did you what to tell me before?"

"Oh, well...." Marisa said. "It's nothing."

"If you say so," Alex said, and went back to his work.

"What was that?" Zanara asked.

"What!" Marisa yelled in shock. "Oh. It's just you Zanara."

"Yes, it's me, but what did you try to tell him?" Zanara questioned.

"Like I told him." Marisa began. "It's nothing."

"I don't think so," Zanara said smugly. "I know that look. I've been in the same spot you have."

"What do you mean?" Marisa asked. "What look?"

"Fine," Zanara said. "If you don't want to tell me to don't, but I know what it is."

"Wai-"

Before she could finish Zanara disappeared into the darkness.

"I hate it when she does that," Marisa said.

"I hope it works out for them." Zanara thought to herself as she sat in the crow's nest, and Star Streak flying above her.

The sunset over the ocean once more, and would be one of the last ones they would see before they got to the Dark Realm.