Chapter Seven: Through The Mystic Forest

As they traveled they got to know Zanara better. Mary and Zanara liked to talk with each other while they walked. Mary told Zanara all about of the stupid things her brother Mark has done. Every time Mark would look back at them with a scoff.  

"And that's how he lost a fight to a monkey!" Mary said laughing. "It was great!"

"Sounds like it," Zanara said between laughs. "I still don't get how he lost. I didn't think a mere monkey could beat him."

"Well." Mary started. "I may or may not have don't a magic switch with him and the monkey."

"That little...." Mark said. "If Mary hadn't put my magic into the dang monkey! He blasted me with my own spell!"

"I gave it back!" Said Mary. "It was a prank."

"And a good one at that," Zanara said smiling. "I would have never thought of doing that."

"Of all the. Fine, it was clever, but it was still a dirty trick." Mark said. "Zanara didn't have to deal with this magic pranking, or she wouldn't be laughing."

"On the contrary." Said Zanara. "I did have to when I was younger, but it's still funny."

"You pulled magic pranks Zanara?" Mary asked amazed. "I didn't take you for someone how would do that. Who did you pull them on?"

"Well, I love a good trick any day." Zanara started. "And I would pull them on-"

"Hey, Zanara!" Jim said. "Where do we go from here?"

Zanara moves to the front of the group and looks around. To the right, they can see the ocean a few miles away, and to the left, there is a huge forest.

"We go left," Zanara said and started walking. "We will be there by tomorrow if we keep going."

"But the ocean is right there," Marisa said pointing to the right. "Don't ships go in the, you know, water?"

"I know that," Zanara said back. "Once we make it through part of the forest we will be on the ship that will take us over the ocean, and to the Dark Realm."

"We will follow you," Alexander said. "We trust you, and will do whatever it takes to get them back from the Dark Lord."

"Good." Zanara started. "Now let's move."

They started into the forest. They were thinking it would start to get dark soon, but it didn't. The trees started to glow, and so did the ground. All these little floating lights came out moving about the forest. It was amazing to see.

"Wow" was all they could say looking around at everything.

The deeper into the forest they went the more animals they saw, and they all had this magic glow about them. After a few more hours of walking, they decided to set up camp and sleep. Zanara didn't sleep at first. She wandered around the woods of a while talking to fairies and animals she came across. After a while, she heads back to camp looking forward to what's coming tomorrow.

Once everyone was awake they continued walking through the forest.

"Are you sure you know where we are going Zanara?" Kelcy asked. "We have been walking for over seven hours."

"I know where we are going," Zanara said firmly. "We should be close by now. Don't worry."

"Zanara?" Kelcy started. "Do you feel that?"

"Yes," Zanara answered. "I will go up ahead you guys follow me in five minutes. Got it?"

They all nod, Zanara takes off.

"What do you think it is Kelcy?" Jillian asked.

"I know it's human." She said looking at Jillian with her blue eyes as she tucked a piece of her light brown hair behind her ear.

"I think it's time we follow her," Hanna said looking at her sister Kelcy. "It's been long enough."

Then they went the way they had seen Zanara go. After a few minutes of walking, they started to hear voices and the sound of swords clashing. They start to run towards the noise. Once they reach a little-dried river bank they can see Zanara fighting a guy that looks around the same age as her. The unknown male had shoulder-length hair the same color as Zanara, and green eyes.

Zanara saw them and signaled them to stay back. So, they just watched the battle play out. It looked like Zanara would lose when the male held his sword at her throat. With a small smirk, Zanara snapped her fingers his sword falls from his hands and clatters to the ground. Then in one swift movement, she had him in an arm lock with the sword at his throat. She then tosses him to the ground and tells everyone to come down. Once they were all down Zanara grabbed the male and his sword.

"Now if you would be so kind," Zanara said. "Take us to your ship and her captain."

"As you wish." The male said with a small laugh. "I will take you."

Then they began to follow Zanara and the male to wherever this ship was.