Chapter Five: Midnight Has Arrived

The next day a storm came, so they decided to stay in their camp till it passed. They sent out Jillian and two scouts to make sure it was safe.

"We should start to head back," Kelcy said. "It's getting late. They will wonder what happened."

"I think you're right," Jillian said. "Let's head back."

They started to head back when they heard something from up in a tree.

"Did you hear that?" Hanna whispered.

"Yes," Kelcy said. "It came from that tree."

Jillian crept over to the tree. She chanted a quick climbing spell and went up the tree. When she got to the top she looked around. Kelcy and Hanna followed soon after. There was nothing out of the ordinary at the top of the tree.

"Hello?" Hanna said. "Is anyone here?"

They didn't think anyone was there. After about two minutes they went to leave. They climbed back down the tree. Once they were back on the ground they heard the noise again. Then someone in a dark cloak dropped out of the tree and landed in front of them. Kelcy, Hanna, and Jillian pulled out their swords.

"Who are you?" Hanna said. "What do you want."

"You are the one seen around the kingdom!" Said Jillian. "Why are you here?"

The person removed their hood and stepped forward. She had short uneven dark brown hair that covered part of her face. She looked at them with dark brown eyes, and she looked kind of pail too.

"Answer us!" Jillian said. "Who are you, and what do you want?"

"You are part of the Light Keepers I presume?" Said the girl in the cloak. "As for me, my name is Zanara."

"Why are you here?" Hanna asked.

"I'm here to help you," Zanara said. "I know you are going to the Dark Realm to rescue princess Elisabeth and Sally."

"How do you know we can trust you?" Said Jillian "How do we know you are not one of the Dark Lord's henchmen?"

"You don't know," Zanara said. "I am willing to help, but you will have to trust me."

"You will have to come with us to the others," Jillian said. "We will see if we can trust you."

Zanara nodded, and then they headed back to the group.

At the Dark Realm, Elisabeth and Sally didn't know how the got there, or why they were there. The Dark Lord would come and talk to them, and it would always go the same way.

"Why are we here?!" Elisabeth shouted. "What do you want?!"

"You are both here because I had you kidnapped for part of my plan." The Dark Lord said. "I would tell you my plan, but what would the fun in that be?"

"You are despicable." Elisabeth spat.

With that, the Dark Lord left the cell. Sally came out from the corner she was hiding in.

"What's he going to do to us?" Sally asked. "Why did he take us away?"

"I don't know Sally. I don't know." Elisabeth said hugging her till she fell asleep.

Jillian, Hanna Kelcy, and Zanara arrived back at the camp, and there was a lot of questions. A man with blond hair and blue eyes named Mark walked right up to Zanara.

"Why do you want to help us?" Mark asked. "Why should we trust you?"

"I haven't given you a reason to trust me, but I also haven't given you one not to," Zanara said. "I have some bad history with the Dark Lord and I would like to get even."

"Mary!" Mark said. "Can you tell if she's telling the truth or not?"

A girl with Blue eyes and red hair came up to Mark and Zanara.

"I can tell she is telling the truth," Mary said. "I say we let her come with us."

"Are you sure sis?" Mark asks.

"Yes. I am sure." Mary says. "Welcome Zanara. We are glad to have you."

"Thank you," Zanara said. "Now I wish to speak to your leaders if that's alright with you."

"I will take you to them," Mary say, and led her to them.

"Zanara."Mary began. "This is Jim and Marisa. You've already met Jillian."

"I am here to talk about your attack on the Dark Lord," Zanara said. "And wish to assist you as well."

"Well I I guess if Mary said you are not dangerous then we can trust you," Jim said. "Zanara....?"

"Zanara Q. Midnight," Zanara said. "When do you expect to reach the Dark Realm?"

"We hope to reach the Dark realm in about four weeks," Marisa said. "If the weather holds."

"Oh," Zanara said with a small chuckle. "I know a way to get there in Two or three weeks tops. How did you plan on going across the ocean anyway?"

"We were planning on making boats once we got there," Jillian said. "And use our magic to help us find our way. How do you suppose we get there?"

"I have my ways," Zanara said with a smirk. "But first we need to see someone. She lives about a day's walk away."

"Why should we?" Jim asked. "What if it's a trap?"

"She is telling the truth!" Mary said. "I know she is."

"Are you sure?" Marisa said.

"My magic isn't wrong," Mary said.

"Then it's settled," Jillian said. "We head out tomorrow. Go get some rest."

They all went to sleep and wondered if they were doing the right thing trusting this girl. Only time will tell.