Chapter Eleven: The Life of The Island

Everyone spread out around the island to look for food in small groups.

"Hey, Mark!" Mary yells over to him. "I found a banana tree!"

"Good. Let's get as many as we can hold." Mark said coming over to his sister.

Once they each had a full basket of bananas they began to head back to the beach. As they walked they were being watched by something in the tree.

Meanwhile on another part of the island Zanara, Allen, and Quincy were looking for some fresh water.

"We should be getting close," Allen said. "Not that much has changed."

"You're right," Zanara said back. "Hey, I wonder whatever happened to Star Streak?"

"Who is Star Streak?" Quincy asked.

"Star Streak was our dragon," Zanara said. "He was just a little thing then. He probably left by now."

"There it is," Allen said pointing at a spring flowing into a small stream.

"We used to play in here all the time when we were kids," Zanara said. "Hard to believe it's been fifteen years."

They walked up to the clear blue water and began to fill up containers with it. That's when Zanara had an idea.

She walked up to Quincy who was looking at some fish in the water.

"Quincy?" Zanara said now right behind him.

He turned around, and before he could do anything he was in the water. Zanara was laughing so much that she didn't see her brother coming up behind her. Just as Allen was pushing Zanara into the water she grabbed him and pulled him with them. They all began to splash each other like they were little kids even though they were all in their twenties, but they didn't care.

Then Allen took advantage of the fact he could control water and hit them both with a huge bubble of water.

"No far Allen!" Zanara yelled.

"Oh, relay." Allen began with a grin on his face. "What if I do this?"

Before they had time to react Quincy and Zanara pulled up into the sky by two pillars of water.

"What are you doing?!" Quincy asked shocked.

"I have waited years for you two to tell me your feelings for each other!" Allen half said half whined. "I will not let you down till you two kiss!"

"ALLEN!" Zanara yelled at her brother.

"I see no down said," Quincy said slyly.

And with that, he moved in and kissed her sweetly on the lips. Once they were done they looked at Allen, and he let them down. Then Zanara grabbed Allen and Quincy began to splash him.

"Hey!" Allen complained. "Cut it out!"

"I don't know, should we?" Zanara asked. "What do you think Captain?"

"I think we can spare him." Quincy said.

They all began to laugh about how silly they were being. Once they climbed out of the water they finished what they were doing, and started back down the hill.

Then they heard a loud crash from somewhere in the woods.

"What was that?" Allen asked.

"I don't know," Zanara said. "Should we try and find out?"

"We will need to be careful," Quincy said back. "We don't know who or what it is."

They nodded and headed off into the woods to see what had made the noise.

Just before that on a different part of the island Marisa, Jillian, Alexander, and Jim were looking for any kind of animal to catch. They found a deer, and Jillian shot it with her bow.

"You guys keep looking for more food." Jillian started. "Jim and I will take this back to the ship.

"Okay," Alex said. "See you back at the ship."

With that, her and Jim walked off with the deer. After about an hour of looking, they found some fruits and things like that.

"Hey, Alex?" Marisa started. "I need to tell you something."

"Go ahead," Alex said.

"Well, I...." Marisa began. "I was just wondering...."

"Yes?" Alex asked.

No going back now. Marisa thought to herself. Go on! Just tell him!

"I wanted to tell you that I-"

Before she could finish a huge tree fell right in front of them with a huge crash. They looked around to see what happened. Then when they looked behind them they saw what had made the tree fall, and it was not good.