Chapter Twenty: All Things Must Come To An End

Zanara and Allen were fighting Jamison, and things weren't looking good for them. At this point, Jamison himself was gone. All that was left was a Dark evil feeling surrounding his body.

"He's out of control!" Zanara yelled. "What do we do?"

"Try to talk to him," Allen yelled back. "I will hold him off."

Zanara watched as Allen and Jamison continued to fight.

"Jamison?" Zanara asked. "Can you hear me?"

Nothing changed.

"Jamison!" Zanara tried again. "Jamey! Hello, it me Zanara!"

Nothing changed.

"Try reminding him about when we were kids," Allen suggested while holding Jamison back. "That might get through to him."

"Jamison," Zanara started again. "Remember when we were little we would play in the spring by our home? We would try to push each other in the water."

For a beef moment, it looked like the old Jamison responded to Zanara, but it was gone.

"When we first found Star Streak in the woods with a hurt wing!" Zanara tried more. "You used to carry me on your back when I got sleepy and would bring me back home!"

Then he stopped. He looked at Allen and Zanara.

"Then why won't you join me?" Jamison asked, but he wasn't all there. "We are family! So, why won't you join me in ruling the world!"

Before they could answer Jamison slammed his foot on the ground, and caused them to fly back.

Allen used his magic to right himself before he could hit the wall, but Zanara didn't have time to use what little magic she had. She hit a pillar hard and caused it to crack under the impact.

"ZANARA!" Allen yelled, but before he could go to her Jamison came at him.

"Now," Jamison began with a chuckle. "How good have you gotten at your fighting? You were never able to beat me, but feel free to try."

Allen looked over at Zanara who was sprawled out on the ground motionless, but Allen could tell she was still alive.

"I've gotten better since the last time we fought." Allen began as he took a swing at Jamison. "This time you will fail. One way or another."

Allen remembered what he had told the had told Quincy back on the ship.

"I know a spell," Allen said to Quincy. "If we can't beat him then I will use it."

"What kind of spell?" Quincy asked.

"It's a type of "Body Switch" Spell," Allen began. "Whatever happens to the caster will happen to the one who it was cast on."

"Allen?" Quincy started. "Does that mean you....."

He didn't finish, but Allen knew what he was going to say.

"Yes," Allen said to him grimly. "If it comes to it I will cast that spell on Jamison, and then let him kill me."

They were both silent for over a minute.

"Now you know why we can't tell Zanara." Allen said to him.

"Allen," Quincy said. "Is there any other way? There has to be."

"No," Allen said shaking his head. "If we can't kill him then I will have to do it. It is the only way."

"You are a good man," Quincy said. "I understand your choice, and I won't tell Zanara any of this."

"Thank you," Allen said to him. "Just promise that if I do have to do this that you will take care of Zanara."

"May heaven strike me dead," Quincy said. "I promise."

As Allen fought he remembered this. He knew that he would have to use the Body Switch spell. He looked at Zanara and smiled seeing that she was moving a little, and knowing that she would be safe. He looked back to Jamison and prepared to cast the spell.

Then Jamison fell to the ground and looked at him with all of the evil gone from his eyes. Then his eyes closed, and Allen knew he had died. All of the dark magic left him and everything around them. Allen was confused at first. He hadn't yet cast the spell. Then he saw what had happened, and ran to Zanara.

"Zanara!" Allen called. "Why would you do that?"

He went to her side. Blood was pooling under her from where the sword had gone through her chest. She smiled at him weekly and reached out to touch his face. Tears ran down Allen's face as he held his dying sister.

"Allen?" Zanara said with a shaky voice.

"Y-Yes." Allen said trying to stay calm. "I'm here."

"I knew you were going to use that spell," Zanara said. "But I had just enough magic to cast it too. I didn't want you to have to do it. You're my brother, and I love you."

"But," Allen began. "Why would you do-"

He was cut off by Zanara placing a finger on his lips.

"Allen," Zanara said getting weaker. "Thank you for everything. Can y-you tell Quincy that I love him, and I'm s-sorry?"

Zanara had tears going down her face, but still had a smile on her face. Allen grabber her hand and gave it a kiss.

"I will," Allen said. "Don't worry."

Then Zanara breathed out and closed her eyes. She went limp as Allen held her in his arms smile still on her face.