Chapter Ninety Three

A/N -- First off, enjoy this very crappy concept/sort of abstract doodle of Ghost! :P More comicy and less realistic than I usually go for, but meh. I'll go back and edit this chapter later, too. :P

And also, the song. I always listen to a song as I write to kind of feel the mood as I go. There you go.

****

The next morning, Rhalla was sitting in the command tent. There were only a small handful of people that were awake at this hour. It was just dawn, and the sky was overcast enough to block out the blinding rays. Outside, it was a misting rain. Hench almost wished she were still asleep, lying next to Azabela. Alas, she was now in charge... which meant she had to start planning their return to the sanctuary.

They'd get back late this afternoon, if everything went as planned. She was jotting down some mundane details of their travels when the tent flaps opened. Her eyes flicked up to see her Second Commander whoosh in.

"Good morning," Kayde said brightly. The greeting was almost sing-songy.

Rhalla narrowed her eyes, immediately suspicious. "Good morning."

"So," he clapped his hands once. "What can I help you with, Master Rhalla?"

"You're very jubilant," she commented, and raised one brow. "Should I be worried?"

"I'm just in a fantastic mood," Kayde said with a chuckle, coming down from his high a little -but only a little. "Just must've woke up on the right side of the bed this morning."

Rhalla thought about that for a minute and then gave him the hardest frown she could manage. "Gag," she said, making assumptions against her better judgment.

"Huh?" Kayde was suddenly confused. "Gag?" When he realized what she was probably thinking, he quickly started amending himself. "Oh! No, when I said that I'd woken up on the right side of the bed... I didn't mean that I'd... I haven't touched your sister. Not like that." The words died in his throat. "Not on this trip."

"Gag," she repeated herself.

Kayde rolled his eyes. "Let's start over. Good morning, Rhalla. What can I do for you?"

"Sit," Rhalla said with a chuckle. "Help me with paperwork, Mr. Chipper. If you have questions about it, feel free to ask. It's pretty self-explanatory, but it's daunting when you're new at it."