New lover?

Chris POV

Me and Ted have the day off so we decided to drive Chu Chu's car to the alleyway to get are stuff.

Time skip

"Is all this shit really worth packing up?" Ted said frustratedly as he lifted the last box and put it in the trunk.

"What are you calling shit, all of this stuff is priceless think of all of the good memories" I said as I got into the passenger seat.

"What are you talking about we don't do anything but get in trouble?" Ted said as he started the engine.

I turned around in my seat and grabbed the first box I found, "look Ted it's the snow globe you got me the first time we went up into the mountains for Christmas" I said as I grabbed the snow globe out of the box.

"Chris you do realize that me and Aidan found a dead body on that trip right?" Ted said as we pulled up on my street.

"Ohh yeah forgot about that, well what about the teddy bear mask, remember all of the children you cheered up with that" I say remembering all the times he had to where the costume at the happy melon.

"Dude that was during the time I was having a mental breakdown and was going on murderous rampages, I almost killed Aidan like five times" Ted said knowing he had won this argument.

"This is not over" I said as I pecked his cheek quickly and got out of the car, I walked up to the front door and knocked.

"Chris is that you, looked how big you've gotten" my mom said as she opened the door and hugged me.

"It's good to see you to mom" I said as I tried to escape her grasp, "oh Ted I didn't see you there, your looking good" my mom said now facing Ted.

"Yeah thank, your looking pretty good yourself Kate" Ted said as he and my mom hugged.

"Well do you two need any help with those boxes" my mom asked as we started walking back down the driveway to the car.

"No I think we've got it" I say, it took a little while but we finally finished right around lunchtime so Ted my mom and I all decided to to get something to eat.

"We don't need to pick up Aidan until three so that gives us a couple of hours where do you guys want to go" Ted said from the front seat.

"Lets go somewhere classy... how about Red Robin?" I said after a few moments of thinking.

"How is Red Robin classy?" Ted said very confused, "well it's classier than you" I say with a pouty face.

"Touché" is all Ted said before he put the directions for Red Robin into his phone.

"So Chris what have you and Aidan been up to?" my mom asks after a few minutes of driving.

"Oh nothing really, how about you have you found a hunky man yet?" I asked jokingly but I was actually very curious, my mom hasn't been on a date since my dad died 13 years ago.

"Well I actually have found somebody that I really like, to be honest I want you to have dinner or something with them" my mom said, now this right here would be a great 'spit out your drink because your so surprised' moment, but I wasn't drinking anything so bummer.

"WHAT REALLY?, mom this is great I'm so happy for you" I say while trying to give her an awkward side hug sense she was in shotgun and I was in the back of the car.

"I know after your father I had a really hard time connecting with people in that kind of way" she said trying to hide the grin on her face.

"Well I'll be more than happy to meet this certain so that is making you so happy" I say as I looked out the window to see we were pulling into the Red Robin parking lot.

"Well that's enough about me how has Aidan been doing?,I've been getting his report cards and I've been very proud of him" my mom finally asks.

"Oh yeah umm, he's he's been doing good.... he's had a few problems but he's... working though them" I say, while slowly raising he menu to cover my face.

"Problems? What do you mean by that?" She says worriedly, "it would probably be better if you talked to him about this, Hell even Ted knows more than I do!!" I say shrugging my shoulders slightly.

She looks at me skeptically, she opens her mouth to say something but then decides against it, "well okay then, how long until he gets out of school?" She says after a few moments of things.

"Uhh, not for another hour and a half" I say, "then both of you be home by seven so we can discuss these problems and also you can both meet this person I've been 'seeing'" she says as she looked down at her menu.

"Canyouexcuseusrealquickthanks" I say very quickly as I pulled Ted away from the table.

"Fuuuuck, this can't be really be happening everything that could have gone wrong went wrong, Aidan specifically told me not to tell her and I go and talk about his 'problem' because after all the emotional trauma that went on while you were depressed she would have tried to take complete control over everything which would have just made everything worse" I say now on the verge of tears.

"Hey kitten, it's okay it's all okay, everything is going to be just fine" Ted says as he wrapped me in a tight hug and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Now dry those tears and lets go back in there" Ted said after a few minutes, I gave him a quick nod and whipped off my eyes.

Today is going to be a long day.

Exactly 1000 words not counting this.

Okay so I was thinking (very dangerous) you little sinners comment on who you want Kate's lover should be I don't care if they male or female.

And if any of you come up with something better than what I've got I'll choose it.