Getting ready part 2

Aidan POV

I sat in the back seat of Chu Chu's car waiting for us to get to my moms house. "Do you guys want to listen to so music?" Ted questioned from the front seat.

I simply nodded as I rested my head against the window, "hey, are you okay?" Huggles asked as the music came on. "Yeah I'm just worried, what if she starts asking a bunch of questions and makes it really awk" I was cut off from my little rant as Huggles pressed his lips against mine gently.

"Do you ever shut that perfect mouth of yours?" Huggles asked sarcastically, "okay guy, we're here" Chris said before I could answer Huggles.

We all then started to get out of the car, and head up my moms driveway. It feels like I haven't even gone inside my own house in years since so much has happened in the past few months.

Just as we were about to knock on the door Huggles pulled me to the side, "really quick, how should I act in front of your mom?" Huggles asked quietly.

"Just be yourself, your absolutely perfect that way" I say as Chris knocked on the door. "Mom were here" Chris called out.

We heard footsteps coming down the hallway and soon the front door was open with my mom standing there in a cooking apron and her signature green and black dress.

"Oh come in boys dinner is almost ready, Ted can you please help me with the ham" she said as she walked back into the kitchen, "yeah, I'll be right there Kate" Ted said as he put his coat on the coat rack.

I began to walk up the stairs to my room, I heard someone following behind me witch I guess was probably Huggles.

I pushed aside the boxes in front of the door to my room that were probably put there by Ted and Chris earlier that day, But they weren't able to put them in my room because they didn't have the key.

"What kinda kid needs a key to get into there room?" Huggles asked, "the kind with a person like Chris for a brother" I say as I grab the key from around my neck.

Huggles just shrugged his shoulders, "plus my moms super nosey, she's always going through my things" I say as I opened he door.

"Well she seems nice to me" Huggles said, not ready understanding my point

"Yeah I know, I just like my privacy sometimes" I said as we both picked up boxes to take into my room. 

"Yeah I get that, Charlie's the same way. Sometimes he goes all parent mode, it gets really weird cause sometimes I accidentally call him dad" Huggles said as he grabbed the last box for the hallway.

"Wait what, you called Chu Chu your dad?" I sort of laughed out, "Yeah, I was so embarrassed afterwards I didn't talk to him for like three days"

"Well there's nothing to be embarrassed about, even Ted makes that mistake every once in a while" I say trying to comfort him.

"Hey guys get down here, dinner is just about done" Chris said from the bottom of the stairs, "okay we'll be down in a minute" I said as I poked my head out of my door.

"Fine just make what ever you're doing up there quick, moms being really clingy" Chris said as he walked away from the staircase.

I shrugged off what he said and went back into my room and closed the door, as I turned around I found Huggles on the other side of my room playing with some of my old mortal combat action figures.

I walked over to him and sat in his lap, he simply laid his chin on my head and continued playing, "this is nice" I whispered softly, "What is" Huggles asked.

"Just you know, being alone with you" I answered quietly. "Aww that's so sweet, what did you do with my bunny?, imposter" Huggles said sarcastically.

"Shut up" I said as I got up and walked out of the door with Huggles close behind.

Once we got downstairs we walked onto the kitchen finding my mom who immediately pounced on Huggles "oh you must be Huggles, I've heard so much about you from Ted and Chris. It's so nice to hear Aidan finally found a friend" she said Hugging Huggles tightly.

"Mmmoooommmm" I groaned, "Sorry dear, but it's the truth" my mom said as she let go of Huggles and rapped her arms around me. "Whatever" I breathe out as I hug her back.

"So when's your date supposed to get here?" I asked my mom once we finished hugging, "oh well they were supposed to be here when you got here, but they called me before and told me that a couple of there employees weren't able to go to work today so they had to close shop without them, so they should be here any minute now" my mom answered as she began to set the table.

"Oh a business owner, you sheer do know were to find the good ones" Chris said jokingly to my mom from he living room.

Before my mom could answer the doorbell rang, so Chris said he would get it and bolted to the door.