Ted's past

Ted POV

Me and Chris finished lunch with Kate so we dropped her off back at her house.

We decided now would probably be the best time to start driving to the school to pick up Aidan and Huggles, sense earlier Chris asked if was okay for Huggles to come to dinner and she said yes.

I feel really bad about them both being put in a situation like this, and they still don't know about it!!

"So what are we going to say when we see them?" I ask once we were about halfway to the school.

"Were going to tell them exactly what happened, so we can all come up with some sort of plan" Chris said once we stoped at a red light.

I nodded my head and then started looking out the window, I noticed two boys sitting under a tree in the park we were passing by one had pink hair the other had black hair.

"Wait stop the car" I say as I started to jump out of the moving car. "What the fuck are you doing!?!" Chris said in a scared voice.

I pointed over towards the two boys, Chris looked over at them and then looked back at me. He then drove the car over to the park parking lot.

"Thanks for scaring the shit out of me" Chris said as he walked over to me where I had jumped out of the car and punched me on the arm, which actually kinda hurt.

"Looks like the love birds are skipping" Chris said as we started walking toward them. "Well, that not like Aidan?" I say.

I start to notice as we got closer that they both looked awful, they had red puffy eyes and sobbing quietly.

They were holding onto each other like there lives depend on it, "hey what's wrong?, what are you guys doing out here?" I say as I sit down next to them.

"D-Dino took us here about an hour ago, he didn't want a-any teachers to see us outside of the school" Aidan said.

"We were j-just talking about the time I-I spent at-" Huggles said before he broke down crying again, "hey it's okay let's just all calm down a bit okay" I said slowly as started rubbing there backs as a way to calm them down.

"Hey It's okay, I'm going to take Aidan to the car Ted can you stay here with Huggles?" Chris said after a few minutes sense Aidan had almost calmed down enough to stop crying.

I nodded so Aidan and Chris walked slowly to the car, "come on, let go for a walk" I say as I got off of the bench.

Huggles got up after me and followed closely, "Huggles you know how I told you yesterday that I met Chu Chu when I was in fifth grade?" I questioned, Huggles looked over at me and nodded so I continued.

"Do you know why I met Chu Chu back then?" I asked he shook his head no, "it was because he used to be my counselor, and do you know the only people Chu Chu works with?" Huggles looked at me wide eyed.

"For the past eleven years Chu Chu has only worked with rape victims" I said softly.

"D-does that m-mean-" Huggles said but I cut him off, "yeah, yeah it does" I say as I stop at the pond in the middle of the park.

"W-what happened?" Huggles said as he stood next to me, "I was eleven years old, my mom and dad had to leave town for a few days so they had me stay with the closest family member"

I sighed loudly and looked down, "they dropped me off at my uncles house, which was a few miles out in the woods" Huggles looked me in the eyes, "you don't have to continue, I-if you don't want to" he said, I shook my head.

"He seems like a pretty normal guy, but in the middle of the night I heard my door open. I was worried because I could smell the liquor in the air" I say beginning to tear up.

"We were so far away from the city nobody could hear my screams, after that I told my parents what happened my dad nearly beat him to death. My uncle received a sentence of 25 years but he killed himself after 3" Huggles then walked over to me and rapped his arms arms around me.

"Ted I'm so sorry" he said as he began to cry into my shoulder, "don't be, it's not your fault" I whispered quietly.

"My parents couldn't get me to eat or sleep, so they got Charlie (Chu Chu's real name) to come talk to me. After a while he decided that it would be best if I were put in his care 24/7, so I went and live with him" I say as I guide Huggles to the shore of the pond in the middle of the park.

"I lived with Chu Chu for about a year and I was finally well enough mentally to live with my parents again, that was very hard for me Chu Chu had become family so I didn't want to leave him. So he said that I could come back any time I wanted, and as a parting gift he got me a cat" I say as I look off into the pond.

"My mom is allergic to cats but I had already fallen in love it, Chu Chu was always busy so he couldn't take care of him. So I had to give the cat away" Huggles simply nodded at me because he was already too emotionally drained.

"So I walked around this very park five and a half years ago and met the most amazing boy so I gave him the cat, this boys name was Chris and he became my best friend" I said, Huggles looked over at me in surprise.

"T-that's how you and Chris met?" Huggles questioned as he used his sleeve to wipe his eyes.

"Yeah, I owe it all to Chu Chu. He may be an alcoholic bastard, but he has to be the best alcoholic bastard I've ever met" I said as I grabbed my flask from inside my jacket. 'I guess the hair dye isn't the only thing Chu Chu passed down to me' I thought as I took a swig and passed it to Huggles.

Huggles nodded at me and took the flask he began to drink but immediately spit it back up "I guess I should have warned you that that was Everclear" I said as Huggles began using his hands to wipe off his tongue while simultaneously cursing me out under his breath. 

"Isn't that shit illegal here?" Huggles question angrily, "hell I don't know" I say as I grabbed Huggles and led him back to the car.