EIGHT.

Your roommate's eyes has been glinting ever since that Friday night, and that goofy smile of his never left his face. His smile made you want to smile too.

You held up the laundry basket and set it on top of the counter, across from where he was sitting, "look at you, you're happy."

He sighed, "I know this is a total cliché, but he's like – it's like he is the one. The one that I have been looking for all along. Like there is this sweet feeling inside of me that fills me up almost entirely when I look at him." And then you thought of the night you met Harry, and all the other nights where you went to bed feeling like this, like something inside of you was clicked and there is no off switch for it. "Is it cliché?"

You pushed aside the laundry basket and leaned in, "I totally get that feeling. I've always feel like it's stupid to meet 'the one'? Because it just sounded stupid, like you two fall in love, have kids, live happily ever after when your kids are off to college. Happy marriage, happy live. 'The one' isn't going to magically make everything better." He looked at you with this sincere look, signaling that he is actually listening to you blabbing about reality. And so you continued, "am I dreaming? I feel like I'm dreaming."

He smiled, "all this years I have been trying to pull you off the ground so you could feel the air breeze gently on your face, and he just comes right in and sweep you off of your feet in one second."

You grinned at his statement and look down bashfully at your hands. You know he was right, all these years of failed love-trials and they had never got you jump off the ground a little, it was like your feet were nailed to the ground and even if the brightest star you've adore very much is right in your reach if you give it a little hop, you still wouldn't budge. And many years later, which is today, you are already soaring in the air, not knowing where you are going with Harry alongside with you. But you know one thing while flying without a navigator – you'll always know the way home.

"But look at you, you're happy too." Your hands landed upon his and smooth it gently.

"He makes me so very happy," he said and continued on with every glory detail of the date. It was a normal date, with no make outs that apparently what 21st century dates look like. It was normal, satisfying, incredible, exquisite, and full of happiness.

"Oh look, I am getting a tooth decay from all the goddamn sweetness."

He smiled down at your hands and was silent for a while. But then he asked, "Hey, do you want to double date?"

"Oh, I don't know. I kind of owe him a hell lot of dates to places of his choice."

"Really? You don't like that."

"In repay that I help him pick out all the books for his café. Books that are in my favor."

He smirked, "He's a good man. Spending his money on books he doesn't read so he could go on more memorable dates with you? That is a keeper. And I am not going to watch your dumbass let this one go."

You smiled and prop up the laundry basket on one side of your hips, hands on each of the handle, "My ass may be dumb, but it's perfect." You turned away and gave it a little shake as he let out a laugh.

The both of you were sitting at the old table you used to sit at that was rather close to the bookshelf. Harry was laughing at one of your jokes and his laugh never failed to pull a smile from you.

"Okay, okay," You smiled, trying to calm the laughter down. "Why is Jack so high up the beanstalk?"

"Why?" he asked.

Your mouth pulls into a smirk as you said with a sarcastic tone, "Because he's jacked up!"

He rolled his eyes at you dramatically, "never repeat that again. It's so bad that I could've banned it from my shop."

You laughed at his remarks. And he continued, "I forbid you to make any joke. Or you are thrown out of this shop, you hear me, bunny?"

You both filled the shop with laughter. The room was saturated and bathed in morning sunlight that lights up half of your face with golden light. He's green eyes were warmer than it was and your mind wanders in his green-foam eyes, like a rain forest.

The bell hung above the door rang as the door swished open, you both glanced at the doorway when you see a lady step in. Harry shot you an apologetic smile before getting up and walking his way to the bar. You notice how when he walks, his posture is elegant and never slouched. His broad shoulders that his well-built arms were attached that sways back and forth. The way his hips that his thick thighs were connected to brings his long legs walking with long strides. And once you noticed all of this, it was impossible to un-notice it. You already know much clearly that the next time he's walking, you'd notice all of this over and over again.

You stayed a little longer before heading for work. Even though things were still stiff between you and Danny since that frustrating day. You greeted Wally who's sitting behind the counter as usual before diving into work.

"What are you thinking about?" Danny asked, hands shoved in his pockets as he walks slowly towards you.

You shook your head and smiled, "nothing."

"Oh, okay."

You smiled at him and sat down on the hardwood floor, patting the spot next to you. He sat down with legs crossed. "Danny-," you begin.

He interrupted you, "I'm fine sunshine."

"Oh," you said, not wanting to push it any further for the sake of this friendship.

The both of you let the silence slowly creep in and filling the space in between. And for the first time in ages of being friends, it got awkward.

"So . . . ," he said, "you told him yet?"

As much as you and Harry stayed up late at night to talk about dreams and secrets, you never told him this and you weren't planning to – that you want and shall be an author. You thought maybe he wouldn't understand the dreams and needs to accomplish this life goal of being an author with all of your own might.

You remembered that night, when you both got drunk and started talking nonsense shits and you abruptly said, "I'm gonna be an author." And even though your conscience was pretty much blurred up by shots of alcohols but you knew for sure that his going to laugh right in your face for being unrealistic. But that night, he looked you dead in the eyes with a serious tone, "do it." You will and always will remember that two words that made you start working on your laptop till late night.

"If my book is ever going to be on one of these bookshelves, open up the dedication part, you will find your name, Danny. I'll probably write something like: To the guy who told me to "do it" on the night where our drunk asses are getting high, thank you for believing in me."

And he had said, "don't forget to write: to the people who thought I couldn't do it, in your face."

You shook your head and smiled weakly, "no. I think it's better to finish up the whole story first. So that when he denies my dream, all he can do is look at my busy ass while I sign through all my books for my readers."

He laughed, "that's one good hell of a plan."

"It sure is," you said.