THIRTEEN.

Harry was behind the counter working the customers orders. You always loved how he could be so serious while working. And you always felt bad for interrupting him during his working hours even though he had reassure you for what seems like the thousand times that your existence puts his resting bitch face to a rest.

You were leaning against the counter, trying to get closer to him but knowing that the bar is off limits for anyone who doesn't work there.

"Maybe you should work for me," he said.

"And what? Leave Wally alone in that depressing bookstore? No."

He laughed and handed the cup of coffee to one of his workers to deliver to the customer. "But I'm your man," he pouted, leaning over the counter to kiss you gently on the lips.

"Sorry, you're four years late," you took another sip of your drink. "Hey, listen, um, when you left for the convention. Something happened," you said, avoiding eye contact with him.

He stopped his work and walked out of the counter so he could stand next to you. Fear and anxiousness emitted on his face while he walks you to your usual table, his big hand laying on the small back of yours makes it much more comforting.

"Tell me, bunny, I'm all ears."

You set your cup of drink down on the table and begin pinching and picking on your skin lightly. You were afraid of what you and Harry would end up in after this. Sure, it was a small thing and you knew how Harry felt towards Danny but you've always pushed that thought of his away by just saying you were friends. Now that you knew the feeling weren't mutual, at least for Danny, you felt guilty for calling out Harry's "over-protectiveness".

"The other day, Noah threw me a party, like he does every year and you know how much I hate parties," his gaze was focused on you, "and Danny ... ," Harry's gaze seemed to intensify at the mention of Danny's name.

"He didn't do anything to you, right?"

You shook your head and tears stared to form at the memories of the night. He started to panic in his mind but kept a calmed face just so you won't be startled. "Bunny?" he calls out gently, his fingers lightly grazing your skin to calm your nerves.

You wiped away your tears that were rolling down your cheeks, and looked up at the ceiling so that hopefully your tears would flow back in. "He confessed to me," his expression softened a little, knowing that it wasn't that horrible as he thought but scowled again at the thought of another guy confessing his love to you. His bunny.

A moment later, when he didn't say a word, your silent cries turned into sobs. "I am so sorry for calling you dramatic," you said between sobs, "and now don't know what to do. He's my friend, Harry, I - "

His gaze softened. "Oh, it's okay, bunny. I don't blame you." He squeezed your small hand in his. "Just curious, what did you say?"

You took in a deep breath, "I said 'I'm sorry, but I love Harry'." His smiled was shining with pride. Pulling his chair so that he's sitting directly next to you, he pulled you into a warm hug, "I love you so much bunny. You have no idea how much that means to me. I love you. And it's okay, I'm sure he's got balls enough to let this thing subside. You two will be normal again. And you'll get to see my jealous ass again! Yay!"

You puffed and laughed lightly at his cheeky voice. When you both pulled away from the hug, he soothes your hair with his large hand, planting a kiss on your forehead, he said, "my bunny."

"I love you, no too," you leaned into his warm hand and enjoyed the feeling of being protected. You realized that one of the reasons why you can never leave him is that out in this world of chaos, you find peace in him. Out in the maze in the darkness, you find light around him. Out in the frantic paths, you find shelter in him. And it feels like you're home again.

You called off work and chose to stay in Harry's café for the day. While he was off working again, you stayed in the corner reading. But you weren't paying much attention to any of the books because you'd always find your gaze fixed on Harry or you'd read through the whole page with only Harry on your mind. You decided to put your book down and instead look at Harry. You noticed how his short curls would flop when he strides his way across the room, causing the air to tangle its way in his hair. Around afternoon, you grew tired and fell asleep with your head on top of your folded arms. As you were soundly asleep and the café was nearly empty, he sneaked a kiss on your forehead and watched you sleep. How peaceful you look like when no worries were shown on your face. Harry grinned from ear to ear because laying there across from him, is the love of his life that brought in sunshine and happiness.