TWENTY ONE.

It's been a few days since the death of Wally and bunny still hasn't been able to recover. She has been in and out of sulking. She is less preppy than usual and the atmosphere just wasn't right without her smile.

"Bunny," I shook he fragile body that was sprawled across our bed, "You've been sleeping for a while now, you want to take a shower or eat something?"

Her eyes slowly pried open as she sat up with my shirt covering her from coldness, she rubbed her eyes before yawning. "A shower would be good."

I smiled weakly at her, seeing her like that truly broke my heart, "sure, I'll go heat up the shower," I whispered and pressed my mouth gently on her forehead to plant a kiss.

I decided to let her take a shower on her own and not disturb any of her private time. She's been so worried about Wally's funeral she barely had anytime to prevent herself from getting one. I remembered how she had always spoke so highly of Wally. How he was the closest thing to a father while being so far away from home.

I parked my car and shut the engine. I held her hands that were laying still in her lap. Almost motionless. "Do you need a moment before we go in?"

She shook her head and inhaled sharply, "No, Lizzy is waiting."

When we stepped foot into the chapel, I couldn't help but glance at her frequently, trying to be there for her when she breaks down, but she seems tough. But then again, all the life has probably drained out of her.

"Liz said she didn't want anyone to see Wally's pained look and instead chose for us to remember how much of a sun he is so the casket's closed off." She glanced over at the casket in which Wally is lied peacefully. "She also said that the bookstore would be rented out."

My shoulders slumped again when I noticed a single tear slid down her face, I wrapped an arm around her and brought her in for a tight hug. I could feel her shaky breath on my collarbone and dear Lord I have never been so heartbroken.

When it was her turn to give a eulogy, she squeezed my hand gently before leaving. She sighed into the mic before giving everyone a polite smile. "Wally was like a father to me, and he still is. He loves to read, as Lizzy had mentioned. He taught me so many lessons that not even the brightest person who has read a thousand books will obtain. He gave me a lot of memories to cherish and most of all," she was silent for a moment. She dipped her head down to wipe away another tear, "most of all – he taught me how to live." And the tears came down, she didn't even bother to wipe it away. "And I wished that somehow something could bring him to life. Because I'm not ready yet."

When she was done, I walked up to her and gave her another hug, "You did so well, baby," I whispered. "You want to get some fresh air?"

She nodded and let me lead the way. We were sitting against the wall of the chapel, her head laying on my shoulder as we stared into the distance. Just then I heard the sound of the doors opened. Danny. Bunny took a glance at him before looking at me.

"Well, I will leave you two alone, just don't do anything. This is a chapel." And I left. And every part of me regretted that. All of the negativity swarm up to me.