TWENTY NINE

"So you just left?" His voice was rising and booming through your phone, "You didn't want to fight about it so you left?"

You didn't say anything, there's nothing to say. No excuse for your behavior.

You could hear his heavy breathing through all the silence. He continued, "This is irresponsible of you. I am very disappointed in you." And he said your name. No bunny, no darling or love. Just your name. And for the first time, you didn't like your name. You didn't like how it roll off his tongue with such disappointment. And it hurts.

Few moments have passed and you still hasn't said a word. So he spoke up again, "call me back when you get your voice back." And the line went dead.

This was a mistake. No. Leaving without saying a word was a mistake. Hurting him was a mistake. You shouldn't have been so reckless. So afraid of confrontation. You walked back to Alex who already had keys to your hotel rooms dangled from his hands.

His smiled faded when he saw the frown on your face. "What's the matter, love?"

You smiled weakly, "got in a fight with Harry.

"Why?"

"I didn't tell him I was leaving."

Alex chuckled, "You really are something aren't you." You stared at your phone, still working on an explanation. He sighed, "C'mon now, let's get you fresh up. Take a shower, love. Then we'll grab lunch. I'll help you figure this whole thing out."

After you had shower and grab lunch with Alex, you called Harry when you arrived back at your room. 

"I'll be down the hall f you need me. Room 507."

When the phone was finally picked up, he sighed. He's annoyed. At you.

"Harry, I'm sorry. I never should've left like that, and I know it was irresponsible of me. It was a mistake. I really am sorry. And I know you hate apologies especially when it doesn't help our situation but I am. I am sorry. Please –," your voice broke, "Please."

He let out another sigh and you could hear the sheets shifting under him. "Why? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was afraid that you wouldn't let me go. After all, Alex is on this trip with me and you haven't really liked him." Your voice became smaller towards the end.

"That is nonsense. This is your dream. You've been working hard on this. I know how much you want this. And that Alex guy has nothing to do with this. You don't suppose I'd hold you back from this just because I don't want a dude mingling with you? Even if he did, I trust you enough to not jump on him. But this," he paused, "this is all hurtful. For you to even think that I would do such a thing. Is that how you think of me?"

You shook your head vigorously, "No. No. I was wrong. I'm sorry. I – I rushed into all of this. It's my fault. Please. Don't be mad? I know it's selfish of me to say that. But I promised to make it all up to you when I get back."

Harry giggled, "How adorable, bunny. But I don't think I can wait that long."

"What do you want then?"

His sheets was shifting underneath him again. Oh how you wish to be next to him right this moment. "Strip and get on your bed."

"Wha –"

"Now, love. I do not want to repeat myself."

You did as you were told, breathing faster. Not knowing what to do. Feeling so exposed, literally, and uncomfortable. Your eyes kept darting to the door, afraid of someone who might bust in even though you know fully well that the door is locked.