2: Just a Friend 2014

"'Cause I can be your fantasy, but you say I'm just a friend.."
-Mario

Naimah

"Why does this always happen to me? I must have been extremely evil in a past life because all of these bad things just won't stop happening to me." I sobbed into the lap of my bestfriend while he calmly stroked my back.

"Naia, you're an amazing person you just seem to attract the wrong type of people." He replied to me while messing with my hair.

I sat up and looked at him with an aggravated look he knows all too well.

"What?" He said looking confused.

"Jacquees, how in the hell could I 'attract' my mother when she birthed me. She started all of this mess in my life!" I screamed, not at him but at my pain and situation.

"I know that but look you can't let her, Cam or any one else continue to bring you down. You have to be happy for you. What has Naimah done for herself lately than show pity? Be happy, girl. You're beautiful, talented, and going somewhere in life. Not to mention you got a fine ass bestie like me." He laughed while rubbing his chest flashing that smile that could lighten up the world.

I couldn't help but laugh and think he was right. I had about enough of Cam's bullshit and his baby mama & all that she entails. He was right. I had to be happy for Naia and do things for myself. God, how could I have been so lucky to have a bestfriend who always knows the right things to say.

"Damn Que, you know it all, huh? You're the most bestest specialest friend a girl could dream of." I giggled and he smiled.

"Aye, what can I say it's my job." He said in the most cocky manner only he could pull off.

"Friends for life?" I smiled giving him my hand to shake like we'd always do as kids.

"Yeah," he replied with a defeated look while taking my hand, "friends for life."

I could tell by the way he held my hand something was wrong but I wasn't too sure. I sat there looking at him studying his face trying to figure out what this look at these emotions were. Just when I thought I had it figured he had his lips pressed against mine, I began to kiss back then quickly realized what it was we were doing.

"Que-" I started to speak but he cut me off.

"I'm sorry. Hey, look you good? I gotta get going because I have class in the morning but I wanted to see how your night went and all of that." He rose up from the sofa straightening his clothes heading towards my apartment door.

"Yeah, I'm good thanks again,Bum. I appreciate it." I gave him a smile while holding the door.

"Ha, yeah you're welcome, Scrub. I'll see you later. Goodnight." He said embracing me in a hug.

"Goodnight Jacquees, I love you so much, alright." I hugged him back.

He let me go and gave me this look and just smiled half-heartedly.

"What you don't love me now?" I said playfully, smiling. "Tuh, fine you can step." I retorted sassily with my hand on my hip.

He just laughed it off and shook his head, "Goodnight Naimah." He smiled and walked away.

"I still love you!" I laughed and close the door while he walked away.

"If only you knew..." He said looking at the door then heading down the stairs to his car.

*******************************************

Short I know but I had a wholeeeeeee lot typed then my computer messed up so I had to do this on my phone. Anyways, comments, votes & all of that please.😌❤️