11: We Should Be pt. 2

Naimah

The sun was close to the end of it's setting for the day and the clouds in the sky were lightly tinted in the current blue and orange sky. The clear, blue ocean waves calmly washed upon the shore and then back into the bay. The gorgeous white and tan sand felt gritty but sort of nice between my toes as I slowly strolled along the beach. I wonder where Que is. He told me he would be back almost two hours ago and this negro was still nowhere to be found. I called his phone and no answer, texted him and he didn't even read it. Issa nor Bobby or any of his other homeboys he claimed he'd be with were answering the phone. Oh, I swear if he's messing around with some bitch that's his ass.

I continued my stroll back up to where we had our romantic picnic just a few hours ago and as the second hour of me waiting was approaching I started to get anxious and mad as hell. Right when I was about to call his phone again and leave him a voicemail chewing him out I heard a car door open and saw him jogging towards me. About damn time. I snatched my sandals up and quickly walked towards him.

"Babe, I'm sorry I got caught up doing something." He had a contrite look on his face.

"Heard it all before." I rolled my eyes and walked past him bumping into his shoulder.

That's the same shit I'd hear from Cameron. Just when I thought maybe things in my life were about to be looking up he pulls this shit. What the fuck ever. I reached his car and got in slamming the door nearly shattering the windshield. I don't give a fuck! Jacquees walked back towards the car and I could swear I saw a smile playing on his lips before he got in. This nigga must think it's a game.

"What the fuck is so funny, Rodriquez?"

"Nothing, babe, who's laughing?" He changed his expression to a serious one.

At this point I'm exasperated and I do not want to even be in this car with him. Que buckled himself in, started the car and backed out. This ride back was seemingly a bit longer because I was ready to be at my house and I was infuriated to no end. I kept seeing Jacquees look at me and smirk in my peripheral vision. What the fuck is so funny? I was so focused on him I realized when we finally were back in Decatur that he wasn't heading towards my apartment but his house.

"Take me home. I don't wanna go to your house." I side eyed him, folding my arms over my breast.

"Nah, you good lil mama." He smirked.

All I did was roll my eyes. I guess this nigga thinks this is a game. He got jokes, well, fuck so does Naimah! He parked his car and before he could say anything I snatched his keys from him and got out of the car walking up to his door. He think I'm playing, I'll lock this nigga out if he says a damn thing or crack another smile. As soon as I reached the door while putting the key into the lock a sweet aroma began to fill my nose. My thoughts were maybe it's the neighbors in the conjoined townhouse but when I opened the door I was wrong.

As soon as I stepped in the door I noticed lavender and vanilla scented candles lit in the house. Oh my gosh! Jacquees wasn't messing around, he was doing this for me. I walke to the stairs and then realized there were red and white rose petals under my feet. When I got to the stairs I saw more petals but now I saw a few sticky notes. I picked up the first one from the bottom step and read it, "You mad? (:" All I could do was chuckle. I ascended up the stairs picking up more sticky notes on the way.

"You still mad?"
"Well, what u mad for?"
"You better be smiling, Lil Scrub."
"You know you're my baby, right?"
"I mean that, forever."
"Always, Naia. I promise."

I felt a few tears in my eyes but for the first time in too long there were tears of joy. I finally reached the bedroom and I saw one last note this time on a piece of stationary paper: "I know you were mad, but by now you should be happy as hell. Maybe this wasn't the perfect way to set this up but oh well, as long as you're smiling. I always want to see you at peace and filled with joy. Joy ain't all you gon be filled with tonight though. (; Love, Your Bum, Que."

He is too sweet for words. I cannot recall him being like this in the past. Maybe it is time to let him have another chance at my heart. I noticed this little skimpy piece of lingerie on the bed, I hope that wasn't for me because that is not my style. I simply slipped out of my maxi skirt and let my curls flow over my shoulders. Right when I was about to remove my shirr I felt his warm hands around my torso.

"You still mad, girl?" He whispered in my ear before softly biting my ear lobe.

I turned around and placed my arms around his neck and just looked up at him smiling.

"Maybe, maybe not. However, I am sorry." I softly pecked his lips.

"Sorry? You said you're sorry? Oh, you will be." He smirked while aggressively grabbing a handful of my ass.

What a night it had been, but what a night I was in for. You know what though? I'm ready for it. Ready for the world. Ready to love my man all the way down.