8: Confessions

"These are my confessions..."
-Usher

Jacquees

"Rodriquez Jacquees Broadnax!"

"Huh?" I answered Naimah finally looking her in her eyes for the first time since I've been here.

"You knew about this and you didn't tell me?!" She semi-yelled at me with tears flowing down her face.

Damn man. This shit hurt me even worse than seeing her in that hospital bed. I got up to grab her and she just jacked away from me.

"Answer me." She said sternly.

"Babe, no. I had an idea but I promise you I didn't know. Naia, I promise baby." I plead my innocence to her.

"How did you have an 'idea'?" She said drying a few tears then folding her arms.

"I, I saw it on Mariah's phone. He texted her one night and I saw his name with the contact picture and it just didn't feel right. Then when I heard you say Cayden at that moment I just knew it wasn't right."

Naia just began shaking her head and dried all of her tears sitting back on the sofa. She ran her hand through her long, curly black and auburn ombre curls. She looked me in my eyes with a sincere and hurtful look.

"I hope you aren't lying to me."

"Naimah, baby, I promise you. With everything in my heart. I'd never lie to you because I never wanna see you hurt. I haven't even seen her since that day." I answered her sitting in between her legs looking at her.

"Alright. Your ass isn't off the hook though, you still had an idea and never told me so you gotta earn the bit of trust you lost back." She rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

I smiled at her and she just looked at me with the same mean mug. I got closer to her face and I could see a smirk playing in her lips but she held it back.

"Naimah."

"What Rodriquez?"

"Ariane." I gave her a playful look of aggravation.

"Yes Jacquees?" She finally let her front go and smiled.

"I love you, Scrub." I flashed her a smile getting even closer to her face.

"I love you, too, Bum." She laughed pushing me out of her face in a playful manner.

**********

Naimah

The scorching Saturday sun beamed down on my face as I drove to my destination. I had Nylah and Soraya in the car with me and no one was really saying much. Then again no one really had much to say, not to one another at least.

After driving for approximately 10 more anticipating moments we arrived at the house. I pulled up in front of the house parallel parking behind another car and in front of a pick-up truck. The three of us simultaneously got out of the car and headed to the front door.

I made it to the door before Ny and Raya so I wasted no time knocking. After waiting a few seconds she opened the door with a surprised look on her face. She parted her lips to speak, however, I beat her to the punch.

"Nah, bitch, shut the fuck up and listen. I don't know where or why you'd ever get off thinking it would be okay to send Cameron and Cayden for me so I could be out of your little pathetic ass life. Don't worry it was never apart of my plan to be in it. I don't know what the hell was going through that stupid little head of your's but I came to fix it. Maybe you got me down with this cast and shattered ribs, but best believe I got your ass. I came here with a mind to beat your little dick thirsty ass but what good would that do me? You're lonely, pathetic and miserable, I wouldn't wanna add one more problem. This lil shit you pulled I'm not forgetting, forgiving or excusing it by any means just mark my words, if you ever try something again I won't have to call anyone on you I'll do it my damn self and I promise you it won't be anything nice and if I ever see you call, text or come by Jacquees' house again, you'll regret it. You wanna play games, we can play but I promise you'll never win. And I mean that shit, bitch." I finished off my speech finally taking a breath of air.

Mariah had nothing to say, I saw her searching for words but nothing came out. I pretended as if I was going to jump at her and the bitch flinched as if she saw a ghost. Ha, this ho isn't half as bad as she portrays herself to be.

"Bitch you aren't even worth it." I laughed and flicked my hair over my shoulder turning to walk away.

"Nah, Naia fuck that!" Soraya semi-yelled before hauling off and punching Mariah into the wall after which she fell to the floor.

"LET ME CATCH YOUR BITCH ASS ON THE STREETS!" She iffed at her before kicking her and walking off.

I just laughed and walked back to my car. Even when I try not to be violent and fight fire with fire Soraya's hood ass had to be the one to do something. That's my roll dog though, I know she always got me. Nylah came up next to me and rubbed my shoulders.

"You alright love bug?" She caressed my shoulders before opening the passenger door. "Get in I'll drive."

I got in the car and buckled in before closing the door. I sat and looked out the window thinking about everything that just went down. Was I too nice? I mean she looked scared but was that really enough? Maybe, I don't know. I just know I don't need anymore drama in my life. What would happen to Cam & Cayden? Cameron swear he own me and I'm just scared this nightmare isn't over. I was lost in my thoughts for a while before I realized we had arrived back at my apartment.

**********
"Ahhh, Que stop!" I laughed out loud while he was damn near in tears laughing at the bananas he smashed on my cheeks.

"Aw, my little smushy face." He said through a laugh while grabbing my cheeks moving my head from side to side.

I just side-eyed him pretending to be mad.

"You're not funny and that sounds gay."

"Aw so you mad?" He looked at me with a side eye and a grin.

"Nope."

"Right! Well, what did you do earlier when I left here." Jacquees questioned me leaning against the counter.

"Oh, paid Mariah a little visit." I smirked before placing a piece of pineapple and mango in my mouth.

"Uh oh." His eyes widened and he braced himself on the counter with his hands.

"Nah, I didn't do anything. We just talked. And well of course Raya had to get her lick in." I laughed thinking about the way Soraya two pieces Mariah in her doorway.

"Mmm, well now that that's over can we make up?" Que smirked walking in between my legs, placing his hands on my waist.

"I guess. What you have in mind?" I returned the smirk and rested my hands on his shoulders.

"Well..." He licked his lips and looked down between my legs.

I laughed and ate another piece of mango and four pineapple pieces. I used my hands to lift his face to look at me.

"Pineapple diet, is you tryna eat?"