20: When A Woman

"But then he noticed a change, she no longer had tears on her face..."

-Tamia

Jacquees

The moment Naimah opened her front door my mind went blank. I had no idea what to do or say but I knew for sure what I had to do was make things right. Maybe the initial conflict wasn't my fault but the conversation that transpired last night was my fault for sure.

"H-hey, Naia." Those were the only words I found myself able to utter.

"Hi, Que. Come in, it's cold out." Naimah moved to the side and allowed me to enter her apartment. She walked into the living room and I closed then locked the door behind me.

When I stepped into the living room Naimah was sitting on the love seat feeding Rani from a bottle. I sat on the sofa and just observed. She seemed so natural at it. I could tell she has a beautiful bond with our daughter and I began to get pissed with myself for allowing the situation to get so out of hand. Whether I was the reason for the separation between us or not I should have to the responsibility as a man to see what was bothering my girl and try to help her healing but I didn't. All I did was fuel the fire and things just worsened.

Naimah finished feeding Rani then lay her over her shoulder to burp her. While doing so she looked up at me and we just stared at each other. In the moments our eyes locked she had a look of sorrow in her eyes. I knew at that moment I had to make the first move.

"Babe..."

"Oh, so I'm your babe again?" She side eyed me and twisted her lips.

"You never stopped being my babe, what do you mean?" I replied knowing what she was referring to but simply avoiding that road.

"Oh, I could have never imagined. Not today, not yesterday and damn sure not six weeks ago when you left your fucking family at the hospital!" Naimah retorted to me raising her voice yet calmly continuing to run Rani's back.

"You're right."

"Oh, I know."

"Hold up, you're right about that, Naia. Do not sit here and act as if it wasn't partially your fault!" I slightly raised my voice at her.

"So, it was my fault you went fucking with other bitches?! Rodriquez, please."

"No, I never said that was your fault but,.." I quickly covered my mouth realizing I failed to deny messing with other females.

In that same instance I saw tears begin to form in her eyes. Naimah got up off of the sofa and walked towards the back of the apartment where her room was.

"Fuck!" I yelled, punching the sofa cushion knowing I just complicated things even more.

I just got up and left out of the apartment, I completely had no idea what to say now. How am I supposed to fix this now? If I didn't give my family up before I damn sure lost them now...

Naimah

I can't believe it. I CANNOT FUCKING BELIEVE JACQUEES. Here I was anxious to apologize for my actions and this nigga has been with other bitches. Then again, what am I to expect? I knew he was this way before, same old same old. We were on a break and all but fuck that, I was here worrying about our daughter so I'ma make that nigga pay. Although initially I teared up those tears quickly went away, I could no longer cry. It's all too familiar.

I needed to clear my head and I wanted to get out of this apartment so I texted Soraya and told her to meet me at the mall. We have not really had any quality time with each in a while so this was very much needed. I decided to hurry and shower while my baby girl was asleep.