23: Love Comes Love Goes

"Made up my mind, put you behind, and now I don't be alone 'cause love has lost its hold on me and now I'm moving on..."

-Mya 

Naimah

I sat on the inside of the doctor's office waiting for my babe to come pick me up. He had dropped me off earlier for baby girl's appointment because he had to quickly run to his office and handle some business. That was totally fine because the appointment was not going to be a long one.

I looked out of the window and saw his car pull up. I picked up Rani's carrier careful not to wake her and covered her face to shield her from the cold December air. I walked out and he had the car door open for us. I put her in the car and securely locked her seat in then closed the door and got in the front seat. 

"Hey baby, how did it go?" Dustin asked, softly kissing my cheek. 

"Hm. It was fine. Everything's perfect with her, my princess is progressing nicely so I'm okay." I subtly smiled while locking myself up.

"And your baby's father?" He asked, steering the car onto the busy street.

"Never even showed up." I sighed in aggravation and checked my phone to see if he had even returned any of my calls or texts. He did. 

"Baby, I'm sorry." Dustin sincerely said placing his hand on my leg. 

"Don't even worry, it's not your fault, babe. I'm over it. I'm over him really. I'm hungry though. I feel like Chinese tonight."

"Well, Chinese it is. You wanna stop and get it or you wanna go home & I come back out?"

"Um. You can bring Rani and I home, I need to bathe her and clean up anyways. So, I can have all of that done by the time you come back with the food."

"Alright, baby."

*********

"Soraya, it doesn't even matter. I'm over it. I'm done with Rodriquez and I'm moved on." 

"So, fast though, Naia?" Soraya asked me through the phone. 

"Excuse me? I remember you forcing me to take Dustin's number."

"Yeah. To entertain you bitch! I was not expecting you to spark up a whole love affair." Soraya replied with a "duh" tone.

"Well, then maybe it was meant for us to be like this because he's stuck by my side through all of this."

"I guess." 

"You guess? Why do you not sound happy for me?"

"I am happy for you Naimah. Don't ever think I'm not but you're moving on like you and Que never happened. You put him through a lot then just stomped on his heart like that, I just think it's messed up."

"Bitch, really?! You're taking his side?" I raised my voice appalled that she would side with Jacquees over me. I mean she's supposed to be my best friend.

"Naimah, I'm not taking sides. I'm stating facts, I'm not about to argue with you. You're like a sister and I love you but you have some thinking to do because you haven't been making the smartest decisions lately."

"You know what. Fuck it, fuck you, Soraya!" I yelled and hung my phone up throwing it. 

I angrily folded my arms and rested against the headboard. Tears began streaming down my face recapping what just happened. I cannot believe I'm losing everyone who were always the only people I've only really had. Is it my fault? I know I can get a little crazy but I'm just filled with so much resentment I don't know how to be happy. I never learned how to simply accept happiness in my life. 

I looked up and Dustin was standing in the doorway of my bedroom. 

"Hey." I softly sniffled rising from the bed.

"Hey, you alright baby?" He asked coming closer to me placing a hand on my cheek using his thumb to gently clear my tears.

"Just fine." I lied with a fake smile.

"I know you're lying but I won't press it. Let's go eat, baby."

I simply nodded and gave him another fake smile. Crazy how this man has known me barely a few months and he can see through every facade already. Love comes, love goes. I've heard the same about friendships but never expected to lose the ones I did. Maybe it was all my fault, I should have just let my pride go but then again I would not have seen all of these true colors. I definitely would not have come across this man who put this impression on me that I cannot explain. Maybe moving on comes with a price to pay...

********************

It's short I know, I'm sorry I had not had the chance to update but I will give you another chapter some time within the next few days! Thanks loves!