3: You Need Me

"Tell me how he's treated you now? Gave him another chance to prove you wrong, seem like you're singing that same old song.."
-Jacquees

Naimah

"Last night I cried, tossed and turned, woke up with dry eyes..." I sung along with Vivian Green as if I wrote the song. Hell, the things I've been through you would've thought it was a depiction of my life. However, let me not dwell on that right now. Today's a joyous day and that it will be.

What's the occasion? Well, other than being my 19th birthday I'm on my way to meet Jacquees and our other best friend Soraya at Que's house for our annual Friday night movie sleepover. When I pulled up to the house I noticed many familiar cars and some unfamiliar so I hurried out of my car thinking it was some kind of emergency.

When I got to the door I knocked and waited patiently but no one answered. My next step was to call and let him know I was here. The phone rang a few times before he finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Que, I've been knocking on the door, come let me in. It's hot!"

"Well, see I would but I can't.."

"Why not?" I answered with a confused look on my face.

"Because I can't." Jacquees replied and he laughed as if it was something funny.

"Rodriquez, I'm not playing with you open the damn door!" I was getting aggravated and he started laughing which only made it worse.

I was ready to go off on him until I saw a hand on the doorknob in front of me. I looked up and saw him with the brightest smile on his face.

"You seem mad.. real mad.. hella mad.. Soulja Boy Superman that ho yoooou mad." He started cracking up while putting his key in the door and opening it for me. "After you."

"Ima beat your ass, man." I rolled my eyes at him and walked into the house.

I walked to the entrance of the living room when I heard him whispering but before I could ask him what it was about the lights came on and..

"SURPRISE!" The group of people consisting of friends, family, co-workers and classmates yelled out.

All I could do was smile. I looked at Jacquees who was now standing next to me with the same Kool-Aid smile on his face. Boy, this dude really had me fooled. He was something else.

"You did all of this?" I asked him looking around at the decorations in my favorite colors of lavender, white and silver.

"Yup!" He said with a smile of accomplishment.

"For me?"

"No, for the homecoming of Boosie. Yes, for you bitch!" My bestfriend Soraya replied in the sassiest way only Raya could.

I just giggled and hugged them both then went to hug and greet the other guests.

*******************************
After singing me Happy Birthday around a beautiful cake Que, Raya and my cousins Jaila & Jaiden came together to get for me, opening gifts, eating, dancing and just having a good time, three hours later the party died down and everyone left. We had just finished cleaning up, well they cleaned and yelled at me to sit down because it was my birthday but they'd done enough already and it didn't bother me.

We 'd finally finished cleaning and I plopped down on the couch scrolling through my phone. Soraya, Jacquees, his cousins, Bobby & Issa and this girl who hangs with them Mariah all came down.

"You had fun?" Issa asked sitting on the love-seat next to Mariah.

"Yes!" I smiled still scrolling my phone, "I had a-"

My smile turned to a frown when I saw a picture of Cameron on my Instagram. In the picture he was laid up with his baby mama, Chloè but their daughter was nowhere in sight.

Tears instantly started running down my face. All day I tried to ignore the fact that he wasn't at the party and he hadn't even called to tell me happy birthday but this was like the icing on the cake.

"Why do you keep letting him fuck you over?" Jacquees asked already knowing the reason for my tears.

Jacquees

Everyone was sitting talking about Naia's party and asking how she enjoyed it when all of a sudden her smile faded and her eyes filled with tears. I didn't even have to ask because I already knew it was that bitch ass nigga, Cam. I'm tired of telling her, dawg...

"Why do you keep letting him fuck you over?" She looked up at me sniffling and wiping her tears as if we didn't see.

"What are you talking about, Que? It's not even him.. I'm just happy." She attempted to give a fake smile but I and everyone else sensed the b.s. we all know her too well.

"BULLSHIT!" Soraya yelled and rolled her eyes.

"Let me see your phone." I reached out to grab it from her hands but she snatched away and locked it. "If it's not him let me see what you saw."

"Go ahead." Naimah handed me her phone smirking because she locked it forgetting we know the passcodes to each other's phones.

I looked at the phone and played along with her game. I gave a dramatic sigh.

"Really, Naia?"

"Mhmm. Now," She smirked and held her hand out for it back.

"Oh yeah!" I moved away sitting next to Soraya. "You must've forgot," I said with a slick smiled while pulling up the unlock screen then flashing it her way.

"I kinda have your passcode, 'member?" I laughed and her smirk went away but she didn't even budge to come get the phone because she knew she wouldn't. She just rolled her eyes.

When the phone unlocked the picture of Cam and Chloè appeared, my smirk went away and I just rolled my eyes then threw the phone in Soraya's lap and got up.

"I'm going to bed." I put my hands in my basketball shorts.

"What about the movie?" Soraya questioned, handing Naimah her phone back with an annoyed look on her face. "We have to make sure our girl ends her birthday right at least."

"Nah, she'll be aight." I ran my hands through my dreads. I honestly did not want to be around her because it hurts and annoys me too much that she accepts this when she knows what she could have. It's actually more of an annoyance than hurt.

"You coming, baby girl?" I asked looking her way.

"You don't want me to end my night happy but-" Naia started to reply with an attitude but I cut her off.

"I was talking to Mariah, not you." I gave her a grim look then glanced back at Mariah who was getting up.

"Yes I'm coming, baby." She put her arm around my waist and I did the same, smiling.

"Night y'all." We headed up the stairs.

I looked back at Naia, who now had Soraya by her side, she had this hurt look on her face and tears forming in the wells of her eyes again. Apart of me feels for her but then this bigger part doesn't give a fuck.

Naiamah knows where she belongs. Yes, I fucked up when she and I were together but I'm older now and I realize, I've tried to show her but she won't see it. So, me I just bring a different girl around her to let her know I'm not playing. I love her, I'm in love with her but damn, if she won't come where she deserves then she'll have to watch these ho's take her place.