5: I Need a Doctor

Naimah

"What are you mainly in search of?" She questioned me.

What am I mainly in search of? Hell, what am I not searching for. There's more than on that list than there should be. Especially for me to only be nineteen years old.

I looked at the doctor, excuse me, therapist and she just looked at my over the rim of her glasses.

"Love." I finally replied to her question.

She jotted a few notes down then asked me, "What about love?"

"Excuse me?"

"What is there about love that you don't have?"

"All of it. I never knew what a mother's or father's love felt like because they both cared about their drug-led lifestyles than me. My granny was always too sick to care of me so I never really had anyone." I responded while using a Kleenex tissue to wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Hm. So who raised you?" She asked while writing down a few more notes.

"Me. I mean after my mom overdosed when I was 16 my aunt kept sheltered, fed and clothed me but she was always working to take care of my three cousins as well as myself."

"So do you love her? Does she love you?"

"Heavens, yes. I owe my life to her. I'm not sure I'd be alive if it was not for her gracious heart.. but that never filled the void left by my mother. I'm not sure anything could."

"Okay, I see. I'd love to go further in depth because we really have gotten a lot accomplished and answered but our time for today is up." She removed her glasses and set them in her lap. "However, do you have any questions?"

"No, none." I got up from my seat and grabbed my purse. "Thank you, Dr. Washington." I flashed her a warm smile then turned to walk to the door.

"Thank you, Naimah. See you next time."

I left the office and walked outside. Once I got there I stoop in front of the building searching my phone for Soraya's contact to tell her I was done. My car was in the shop so I had to rely on her for a ride for a few days.

Right when I was about to text her I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

"Need a ride?"

"Hi, Jacquees. No, I don't need a ride Soraya is on her way." I retorted trying to hide the bit of aggravation I still held towards him.

"Actually, she had to go to work. They called her in. She was gonna call you but we were together so I told her I'd come and get you, it could give us a chance to talk." He replied giving me a smile.

Damn, he knows what his smile does to me. He standing there looking all sexy and chocolate-y and mmm, wait, Naia focus.

"Okay, we can talk." I rolled my eyes. "But under one condition."

"What's that?" Jacquees questioned walking to the passenger side of the car to open my door for me.

"You take me somewhere to eat. A nigga starvin' like Marvin." I giggled while getting in the car.

Jacquees closed my door and went around to his side getting in. He started the car then looked at me.

"IHOP?"

I smiled. "And you know this maaan!"

He just laughed and pulled off.

*************************

Jacquees

It's been a few weeks and everything with Naimah and I is great. We've gained our old friendship back and sparked a bit of a new flame between us. I have to admit though, part of me still wants Mariah.

I really don't know what I'm going to do about that. Naia is my everything, but Mariah, her head game, man. Shallow? Yes. Maybe, whatever. I don't know I'll figure it out later.

Mariah looked up at me.

"What's wrong, daddy?"

"Nothing, ma." I chuckled looking her up and down while biting my lip.

"Well, you know I've been feeling sick lately." She straddled my lap looking down at me.

"Really now?" I gripped her waist, biting my lip in anticipation for what was about to go down.

"Yup. I need some vitamins."

"Hm. Well, there's Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, but you know what." I laid back pulling her on top of me. "I got a big dose of Vitamin D for you right here." I smirked at her.

"Mm, I think I might like that."

"Oh, I know you will, baby."

Damn, I hope this is worth it.....

--------------

Boring? Maybe, a little. Lol, writer's block is a bitch but I really wanted to update. I'll give something more Friday. Hopefully a lot better.😌 Vote, comment, all of that.😘