7: Motives

Naimah

I hear the voices again, but this time they're a lot more familiar. Auntie Tamara. Jacquees. Soraya. Issa. Nylah. Nylah?! Oh my gosh, I haven't seen my older sister in so long and I still can't. Damn when does this end?

Hmph. I talked to my mother yesterday. I was in some sort of dream and she was so, so different. She was as beautiful as I remembered before the drugs. She told me a lot, apologized for a lot, but the most significant thing she told me was that she loved me. Not just any I love you though, she specifically told me, "I love you, my LoveBug" just like she did when I was a little girl. It was the most beautiful.

Suddenly my heart started beating quickly and I heard the heart monitor speed up. Am I dying? Oh, God...

"Doctor!" I heard my sister yell out.

I heard a couple of pairs of footsteps coming towards me and I felt hands on me. I don't know what happened next but I blacked out for a few seconds then I opened my eyes. I can open my eyes. I can see! I looked around and they all looked so distraught, especially Jacquees.

Then I let out small, painful cough. Although it was small it was loud enough for everyone to hear. Nylah and Auntie Mara rushed to my bedside.

"Naia! Oh my gosh, baby girl." My sister softly stroked my hair. The smile on her face almost masked her pain until the tears flowed out of her eyes.

I tried to speak but couldn't. My aunt just placed her finger on my lips.

"Shh baby, you don't have to say anything. We're here. We got you, okay?"

I simply nodded my head as best as I could, then she called Que over and they all left the room but not before Soraya kissed me on my forehead and did this little hand thing we made up in the 3rd grade.

Seeing all of their faces was so heart-warming, but Jacquees' was partially heartbreaking. He looked so in pain and distraught. It hurt me to know I caused that pain to him.

"Damn, babe, you're awake... I've been wondering what I was going to do when you woke up and all I can do is cry." He laughed a little, "I'm a man, a damn man, crying like a bitch, but baby, these are tears of joy so it doesn't even matter. I missed you though, girl. This week and a half without you has been crazy. I haven't really been doing much. Not much eating. Not much singing. Not much of anything. I just missed you forreal. Almost losing you was drastic, I can't have that again. I promise you from now on I'll never leave your side baby."

Jacquees

"I'm gon always be here because Naimah I need you girl. Don't ever scare me like that again!" I finished off and I saw tears in her eyes and a small smile playing on her lips.

I leaned up and kissed the lone tear on her face away then I placed a kiss on her lips and smiled at her. This is my girl, my heart and she's not going anywhere.

***** 5 days later*****

Damn this has to stop. I looked over at Mariah peacefully slumbering from the mack I just laid on her.

Naia is my world, I know I know, but something about Mariah is just so irresistible. She's just so sexy, she knows all the right places to touch and kiss, just damn. As sexy as she is though something ain't right with her lately. I do love, Naia though honest to God I do. I always have and I always will.

This isn't good though. I don't need her to find out about this because if she does she just might kill me and will end up hating me. I don't need that.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard her phone vibrating. I tried to ignore it but it was just so tempting.

Jacquees, don't do it. Rodriquez, look at the phone. Pick it up, do it! Damn it! I gave in.