22: Broken Hearts

Jacquees

"Who the hell are you?"

I stared eye to eye with whoever this high yella half naked nigga answering my girl's door is. I came to Naimah's place to talk things out because I need my family but it's clear other things have been taking place. Before he got a chance to answer the sound of a shattering glass blared through the apartment and the both of us rushed to the kitchen to see what it was. He was a few steps ahead of me so when I reached the kitchen I found him helping her, wearing nothing but a white t-shirt which I assume belongs to him, leaning against the counter with her hands in her head. I guess she felt my presence or heard my shoes but she looked up as soon as I stood in place.

"Que..." Naimah spoke out as soon as her eyes met mine.

"Naia, I do not even want to hear it, man. I can't believe you just moved on like that." I told her, shaking my head at the both of them.

"You should be the last one to talk about moving on! You left your daughter and I at the hospital when she needed you the most! Then you were fucking around with other bitches after that, don't give me that."

"Nah, YOU don't give me that! I didn't wanna leave y'all but you fucking pushed me away Naimah, you're so fucking stuck on the past you can't see when you have a good thing in front of you, yes I did mess with other females after that! I did because my girlfriend wasn't doing what she was supposed to to make sure I was okay! You never thought once to see how everything made me feel because you were so caught up in your own feelings. I dealt with your stress and problems so much I started hurting, I needed a shoulder to lean on, What the fuck was I supposed to do?"

"Be a man." The yellow nigga decided to speak as if he had any say in this .

"Aye home boy, this here ain't your business I suggest you stay out of it." I said stepping closer to them, sizing ole dude up.

"Nah, you're wrong Naimah is my business, home boy." He said putting his hands around Naia's waist.

I clenched my jaw and balled my fist up. I gave Naimah a cold stare while shaking my head.

"Damn, Naia that's it?!" I yelled because I couldn't believe she didn't correct him.

"I guess so." She shrugged and folded her arms across her breasts.

"After every fucking thing you go and leave me for some new nigga? Or maybe he ain't a new nigga, that's yo real baby daddy?"

"Hell no! You know Rani is your daughter!"

"I know you were out of time for a minute around the time you got pregnant. How am I supposed to know what you were doing? You hoeing now maybe you were hoeing then." I gave her a grim look and I saw her lil boyfriend getting mad.

"Nigga you wanna do something?" I asked him addressing the way he was clenching his jaw and fists.

"I do but I'm trying to spare your bitch made ass." He said stepping up to me.

"Nigga, please." I folded my arms. "The only bitch here is that one." I said pointing towards Naimah. "You know what," I laughed. "You not worth it and that ho ain't either. Have a nice fucking life." I threw my hands up and walked out of the apartment.

When I left out of the door I slammed it nearly breaking it off of the hinges but it was obvious I didn't care. I punched a wall a few times on the way to the elevator. I can't believe that ho, after all of her bullshit I put up with she acts like we haven't been at it as long as we have.

The one time I was a good guy and did what I was supposed to do this is what I end up with. Maybe it's karma. This is really what heartbreak feels like I guess.I need some kind of stress reliever because this I cannot deal with. I know just who to call and she always knows how to get me right.

Naimah

I stood in the same place leaning over the counter with my hands holding my head up trying to figure out this whole turn of events. Jacquees was never supposed to catch me with Dustin. Hell, he wasn't supposed to find out about him at all. I knew he'd flip but all of that I didn't expect. His words hurt me in the worst way imaginable. My thoughts were interrupted when Dustin came in the kitchen.

"Hey." He spoke placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Hi." I looked up and just stared.

"I'm sorry about that."

"No, it isn't your fault. It's okay." I told hum, no it wasn't okay but he had no fault in it.

"That's really the dude you had a kid for though?" He asked making a confused face, leaning back against the counter.

"You don't know him." I told him.

"I don't need to know him to see what type of dude he is, Naia."

"Nah, you do! That's wasn't him, alright? You don't know him and you damn sure don't know me. I'm your business now? You know what just leave, please." I spat at him, putting my hand up in aggravation.

Dustin scoffed then turned and walked out. I think I just need some thinking time, and some time alone. Or maybe I need a shoulder. Or an ear. Actually, I don't know what I really want or need at the moment. What I need to do though is figure our where my love story turned sour. We simply were not supposed to end up this way..