9: Think About It / Rain

I appreciate all of the love I've been getting. It honestly means a lot! I felt like the last update was kind of short so why not another? Thanks for the love!

"Rain down on me, let your love just shower me. Just rain on me..."
-SWV

Jacquees

"'Cause I'm that nigga if you ask me, I wanna be with you this is all true. No lie, no lie girl noooo. When you're not here..." I sang into the recording booth mic until the producer stopped me.

"Alright Que, take a 15." He said before leaving.

I walked out of the booth and there she was looking as beautiful as any other day. I don't know why but I began blushing, she's so beautiful, dog.

"Que! Queeeeee! Babe!"

Babe? Hello! Hey now! Now we're talking.

"Oh, I'm sorry, hey Naia. What's good, baby?" I finally snapped out of my day dream.

"Nothing came through to see ya in action since I'm out of class for the day." Naimah said slipping out of her sparkled Toms and putting her feet up in the love-seat where she was sitting.

"Aw, you came to see me? Girl, you like me or what?" I laughed and sat next to her.

"Mmm, something like that." She laughed placing her feet on my lap.

"What you mean something like that? It's a yes or no answer?"

"Eh, I'm not too sure, Que. You be in that bullshit sometimes."

"Elaborate." I turned my head sideways in confusion.

"I mean, c'mon Que be honest, you've been a little player ever since anyone could remember. Little "Decatur heartbreaker"? Yeah, we did this once before how can I trust that again?" Naia responded looking me in my eyes.

"Naimah we were 15 the first time we were together. I'm 19 now! I know right from wrong, I'm not into all of that."

"Bullshit! Mariah? Lauren? Kia? all of those girls you've ran through in the past two months and you aren't on that anymore? Jacquees I don't believe it. You're a player, a ho, pimp, all of that and you know it."

"Wow," I felt offended she's supposed to be my best friend and this is how she does. "Damn Naia, coming from anyone else that don't mean shit but to hear it from you that's hurts Naimah forreal. No matter how much of a player I may have been in the past all of that went away when it came to you. And I know damn well you know that. You're walking around feeling so sad for yourself you can't see when a nigga really loves you. Maybe I played around in the past but I'm grown now and I'm not that nigga anymore. I'm not Cameron or any of them other niggas and you should know that, but fuck it, you don't want me. Don't talk to me. You can bounce." I pushed her legs off of me and went back into the booth realizing I was almost in tears.

Is this what heartbreak feels like? The love of my life denying my love because of fear from other niggas? Maybe it's partially my fault but I think I've proved myself to her enough. Man, love is tough.

Naimah

I drove through the pouring rain carefully watching out for anything that may be on the highway or any cars speeding past. It's a stormy 11 o'clock on a Friday night but that doesn't stop Atlanta one bit. Well, maybe me. Where am I going? I don't know. I just needed to drive and get away. My sister and Soraya were slowly driving me insane between their over protective ways and love lives, I saw Cameron's baby mother earlier today of course she had some bullshit to tell me and with all of that it's been two days since that argument in the studio with Que.