Chapter 1

(Scarlett Flash's PoV)

One word can describe my life: war. War is the reason for the battles that have raged inside my own mind, war is the reason I've lost so many I've cared about, war is the reason I lost Cybertron, and war is why Autobots and Decepticons are fighting each other. Here on Earth things haven't been too bad, it's been three whole years sense any Decepticon activity had popped up, and three whole years sense I had seen.....certain Decepticons. I missed the days back on Cybertron before the war. The days were you could be friends with anyone and there was no rift between each other, I did have some friends who sided with the Decepticons but none of the Autobots need to know that. The only Autobot who knew was Optimus, but that was because he knew me long before the war began. That was back when he was known as Orion Pax. But that time was long gone, and I would just have to suck it up and deal with it. Anyway, I had been scouting when I got a message from Optimus.

"Scarlett Flash, we're bridging you back to base so we can bridge to Cliff Jumper's coordinates," Optimus said through the com link.

"Ok, but what happened to Cliff Jumper?" I asked.

"He has run into Decepticons," Optimus said.

"Any specific Decepticons?" I asked hiding my nervousness.

"Not that I know of yet," Optimus said as the ground bridge appeared in front of me, and I drove through it. As I got back to the base, I went out of vehicle mode which was a motorcycle that was very similar to Arcee's vehicle mode but it had some noticeable differences. I would've gone for a car that actually had four wheels, but I was good at sneaking around and a motorcycle was much smaller than a car, therefore much easier to sneak around as.

"Ratchet, prepare the ground bridge," Optimus said. But when we arrived at the scene the Decepticons were long gone, but so was Cliff Jumper. We looked around and Arcee found one of Cliff Jumper's horns. Soon after Cliff Jumper's life signal went off line. Great, I lost another friend to this stupid war!! Who did it? Who took his life? Was it Star Scream, or maybe Breakdown? My anger boiled inside but I remembered what Optimus told me many years ago.

'Revenge will not ease my pain, it will only feed it and cause it to grow,' the words flashed in my mind. I was good friends with Cliff Jumper but Arcee was much closer to him than anyone else. I was once that close to an Autobot, but Decepticons came in and I'm honestly afraid to get that close to anyone ever again. After a long day of losing an Autobot I decided to take a drive around the town that was near our base. Jasper, Nevada wasn't the most exciting place but I didn't really care. As I drove around I noticed Arcee had a human with her. Wait....WHAT? Then two Decepticons were chasing her.

"Scrap," I said to myself as I sped after them. Soon it was an all out brawl, but Bumble Bee came as reinforcement. When we got back to base Ratchet was pretty annoyed that we had let humans see us. After some explaining I wasn't as confused as to why Arcee was with a human. The next day came, and Arcee and Bee went out to find the two humans that had spotted us. While they were out looking, I was sitting on the roof of our hidden base. Then I heard the elevator move, as I turned and saw Optimus walking over.

"Scarlett, you've been acting differently sense yesterdays events. While the loss of Cliff Jumper troubles us all, I suspect that isn't the only reason you've been acting differently," Optimus said.

"It's just that....he doesn't know I'm here and I'm afraid of what he might do if he finds out. I know no one has seen him in a long time but I have a feeling he will return" I said just barely letting the nervousness in my voice show.

"When the time comes, if Megatron returns and if Megatron does learn of your presence here I think it will only aid in our cause," Optimus said, and I cringed at Megatron's name. We headed back inside as Arcee and Bee got back. After meeting the humans, there were now three rather than two.

'This should be interesting,' I thought to myself.

Meanwhile on the Decepticon ship...

(Knock Out's PoV)

I was fixing up some scratches on my paint work when BreakDown walked in.

"Did you hear that Star Scream took out Cliff Jumper?" he asked as he walked in.

"Of course I've heard about, you know rumors spread quickly around this ship. Especially when they're about Autobots," I said to him.

"Why are you so obsessed with your paint work? Seriously, it's not that big a deal," BreakDown said sarcastically.

"Uh, not that big a deal?!" I snapped at him.

"Anyway, how brutal do you think the beating was that the Autobot took?" BreakDown asked attempting to change the topic.

"It was probably very brutal, just out of curiosity where there any other Autobots with Cliff Jumper before he was taken prisoner?" I asked.

"No, I'm pretty sure he was alone when they found him, why?" BreakDown asked.

"Well a few rumors have been going around that she is here on Earth and she's helping the Autobots. I'm not sure if it's true, but I don't think that certain Decepticons will be too happy to find out about this rumor," I explained.

"Wait, she might actually be on Earth?! How is that even possible?" BreakDown exclaimed.

"How am I supposed to know how it's possible?! All that I know is, if it's true we shouldn't let anyone else find out!" I snapped at him.

"Hmm," I heard BreakDown say.

"What?" I asked.

"It's just that I thought she was dead, so did a lot of others," BreakDown explained.

"Trust me, she's alive. She may not be a Decepticon but she has the wits of one. I saw her escape on that terrible day," I told him.

Back at the Autobot base....

(Scarlett Flash's PoV)

I stood with all of the other Autobots as we explained to the 'kids' why we were here and why the Decepticons were here. I almost cringed at the part where Optimus explained who Megatron was to the  kids. Only Arcee noticed it though, while only Optimus knew my secret the other Autobots just thought that Megatron had hurt someone I was very close with or related too. Even if that wasn't the case, I pretended like it was. I've known everyone in here, besides the humans, for years and years! Surely they'd trust me all the same if they knew my secret, but then why does it feel like they wouldn't? Back on Cybertron, in the first years of the war, some Autobots found out and didn't fully trust me. Well all except Optimus and....ugh I need to get my head out of the past.

"Cliff Jumper's life signal just came back online," Ratchet said.

"How is that possible?" Optimus asked.

"It isn't, another bug. The systems full of them!" Ratchet snapped.

"If there's any chance he's still alive-," Arcee began but Optimus cut her off.

"Ratchet prepare the ground bridge," Optimus said.

"Hey! What can we do?" the kid named Miko asked.

"You can stay here with Ratchet," Optimus said. Ratchet rolled his optics as he let out a sigh. As the ground bridge opened, Optimus, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bee, and I went through and arrived at an energon mine. We were soon caught up in a battle against some Decepticons who were mining. After a decent fight we changed to vehicle mode, and rode down the mine until we came to an open area. We hid behind piles of energon storage crates. We were spotted and the battle raged on.

"It's Cliff! I have a visual," Arcee said through the comm.

"We'll cover you, go!" Optimus said and Arcee was off. As I fired away at the countless Decepticons I noticed Arcee near Cliff, and then Cliff fell. After that we heard Star Scream.

"Prime, I'd stick around, but I'm squeamish," Star Scream said as he dropped at grenade. He went to take off but he hesitated when he saw me. He gave me a shocked, and angry glare as he flew off.