Chapter 5

(Jack's PoV)

I couldn't believe what I had just heard.

"WHAT?!" Raff and I both exclaimed.

"YOUR DAD IS MEGATRON!!!" Miko exclaimed.

"You can't tell the others!" Scarlett said worridly.

"But I thought you wanted to them to know," I said.

"I do, but only when I'm ready to tell them. Some 'bots don't take things as easily as others," Scarlett said.

"I don't think any 'bot could take that easily!" Miki exclaimed.

"Miko, just calm down," I snapped at her. I acted a little calmer than Raff and Miko but inside I was freaking out.

"Wait, if Megatron's your father, then why didn't you join the Decepticons?" Raff asked.

"Because I wanted to fight for what's right, whether my family would be angry or not," Scarlett said.

"Does that mean you know other Decepticons? Like, from before the whole war thing?" Miko asked.

"Well. . .yes but it doesn't matter. It won't matter until the war is over, then maybe a few old friends of mine can go back to being friends," Scarlett explained. She had the look on her face as if she was thinking about one of those old friends and then it hit me.

'Did she see one of her old friends when she was out scouting for energon one time? When Megatron found her?' I thought to myself. She probably did, but now I really wanted to know who it was. Then Ratchet continued to work on our science fair projects, but I wasn't sure how well they were going to turn out. I know Ratchet is smart but he's doing everything himself, of course Miko wasn't complaining. The silence was getting extremely awkward, and Raff and Miko felt the awkwardness too. Ratchet and Scarlett hadn't said anything more about. . . .the recent topic they also hadn't talked about anything else.

"Ratchet, shouldn't we be working on the project too?" Raff asked.

"You want it to be right don't you?" Ratchet asked.

"Control freak," Miko muttered.

"Eh, you get used to it," Scarlett said.

"Really?" I asked.

"No," Scarlett answered with a slight laugh.

"I heard that!" Ratchet snapped.

"That's nice to know," Scarlett answered. Ratchet just sighed as he continued to work on Raff's volcanoe, if you can even call it that now, and Miko kept laughing at all of Scarlett's remarks. There was another awkward silence, well besides the sounds of a blowtorch or any other tool Ratchet was using.

"So how angry was Megatron when you told him you were going to be an Autobot?" Miko asked quietly.

"I thought we dropped that subject," Scarlett snapped back in a quiet tone. Then it got awkwardly silent again, but now Miko was just looking around the bae acting like she didn't do anything wrong, as usual.

The next day. . .

"So did I. . .we do on the projects?" Ratchet asked.

"Well. . .," Raff said and then explained how all the projects went. Yeah teachers don't approve of your science fair project being about cybertronian things.

"Well, on Cybertron you would've been given the highest honor!" Ratchet snapped as he muttered something to himself.

(Scarlett's PoV)