Chapter 40

(Silver Speed's PoV)

I sat there, as Bee headed back to the base. I just wanted to run to that base and see the two who were closest to me but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Flash had already lost a 'bot that was close to her. Optimus was the closest thing she had to a father during the war and even before the war he was practically her uncle. My thoughts kept going back and forth between how happy those two would be to know I was alive to how sad they would be when I left again. I began to wonder what would've happened if I didn't give Flash that chance to run back to the others with that device, but I shook the thought away because I knew I could never let that happen. If I hadn't done that, she never would've gotten the chance to be able to be with her dad again. My thoughts went to the facial expressions of the two when Star Scream nearly killed me. Although Knock Out didn't look upset I knew he was broken inside. It's hard for anyone else to have seen it but being his brother I saw it clearly. I could tell he knew Flash had been there too. It was too obvious, he kept glancing over at her but making sure no one noticed. If they ever talked about that day he'd probably lie and say he had no idea she was there or something. Then I heard a noise, and I looked up to see about seven insecticons a couple feet away. In the distance I could see some more insecticons on the way.

"Scrap," I muttered and quickly left before they saw me. Then I heard a voice that made my energon run cold.

"Any sign of Autobots?" I heard Airachnid ask the insecticons. Before I could hear anything else I ran off, far away from that 'con. Now that Airachnid was here things were serious. I was going to have to help the 'bots fight. I couldn't let them do it on their own. But then Knock Out would see me and so would Flash if she got better in time. A part of me wanted her to stay unable to fight until it was all over so she wouldn't have to go through anything else but if she didn't get better then she could get worse.

(Bee's PoV)

Back at the base, Airachnid's life signal came on, and she was at were Smoke, Silver, and I just were.

"She's here, but I don't know whether or not she intends to begin her plan yet," Ratchet said.

"We need to get her now to stop her before her plan is finished," Arcee said.

"We're going to need everyone's help on this, Ratchet you're on standby if anyone gets injured," I said as Bulk got back from checking on Scarlett.

"So what's everybody up to?" he asked.

"Going to stop Airachnid before her and her stupid bugs try to take over Cybertron," Knock Out said.

"Oh," Bulk said. As everyone headed toward the ground bridge Ratchet opened, Smoke Screen and I headed over to Ratchet.

"Is. . .you know who still there?" Smoke Screen asked.

"No, I'm assuming he left as soon as he saw Airachnid," Ratchet said.

"Alright. . .Ratchet, do you think Scarlett will be alright here by herself if you do need to come help one of us?" I asked.

"Well she can't really get into to much trouble in that room, besides she'll be fine if she's left alone for a few minutes. She's not a sparkling you know," Ratchet said with a slight laugh at the end. Then we headed out. A sick feeling entered me. A feeling as if someone would get badly injured in this fight. I had never been the leader during a fight like this. There had to be a lot of insecticons there. I began to fear if I would screw this up and get some one hurt. I'm no Optimus, if he was here he wouldn't allow anyone to get hurt. When Smoke and I arrived on the scene it was all out chaos. Arcee was dealing with Airachnid (of course) and the others were fighting off countless insecticons. We were all cautious to not let them turn us into terrorcons. The fighting went on for a while and Arcee took a serious blow from Airachnid. My spark skipped a beat at the thought of losing a 'bot but I shook it away when Arcee got right back up. We fought until Airachnid transformed and flew off. The insecticons scattered once she was gone, and everyone was pretty much ok besides Arcee. Arcee sat on the ground as I noticed her energon leak.

"Ratchet, we're going to need you down here. Don't worry though, it's nothing too serious," I said through the comm.

"I'm on my way," he said as another ground bridge opened.

(Airachnid's PoV)

I saw the ground bridge open from afar, and I knew this meant their base would be unattended. I decided to head there, sense I had gotten the location from a few of my scouts. This would speed up my plans.

(Scarlett Flash's PoV)

I sat in the sick bay, and I still ached from pain. I wanted nothing more than to get better, see which vehicle mode I had, and to be able to help the team I've come to know as family. As I sat there I heard a loud bang from somewhere else in this old 'con ship.

"Oh Primus, now what?" I said to myself and I went to stand up but immediately regretted it. I fell back over and decided to remain there. There was another loud bang and I decided to ready my weapon just in case anything happened.

(Third Person PoV)

Airachnid was in and headed toward the main control room when she came across the sick bay. Scarlett had heard and once she realized that Ratchet left and none of the 'bots were back so she fired a blast knowing it had to be an insecticon or Airachnid herself. Scarlett then forced herself to stand up no matter how bad it hurt. The blast hit Airachnid and she let out a slight scream from pain. Airachnid rushed into the sick bay but was only met by another blast. As she staggered back, she was lucky enough to miss the third shot. But that was unlucky for Scarlett sense Airachnid was now rushing toward her. Scarlett was about to fire but it was too late. Airachnid had shoved one of her right extra legs into Scarlett. Scarlett gasped for breath even though she didn't breath air like her human friends. Airachnid just smiled at Scarlett's pain.

"Ah, do you remember that time during the war here on Cybertron were you nearly killed me? Well, I certainly do, and I think it's time I returned the favor. Except. . .this time I won't be stupid like you were and I'll make sure you're dead," Airachnid said as she pulled her extra leg out of Scarlett and threw her to the ground. Airachnid left the room, whole Scarlett felt her wound. There was energon all over the place. On the floors, the walls, and the place Scarlett had been sitting. Her optics flickered on and off. Then, the monitor showing her vital signs took a turn for the worst. On the screen, Scarlett's vitals were severely dropping and then, with no one who cared around to see it happen, her life signal went off line.