Romantic (Thriller era)

You are sitting down, thinking about Michael, when your maid Maria knocks on the door. "Come in." She walk in wearing a beautiful smile, her curls in a small ponytail behind her head. "I have strict orders from Mr Jackson." She explained, eyes twinkling in the light. "He told me that you have to step outside. Everything is simple from there." She finished, busying herself with the dusting.

Confused, you stood up from the royal blue sofa and walked throughout the Neverland corridors of wood, chandeliers and tall vases. Finally you reached the vast gardens of the Ranch, which stretch for miles on end. The sun was beginning to set, a dusk glow illuminating on your skin. As you looked down, rose petals of pink and white were scattered by your feet, seeming to lead somewhere. Slowly, you begun to follow the path, butterflies forming in your stomach.

The roses led to the vibrant, funfair part of Neverland, through the Ferris wheel and candy floss carts. It stopped, however, at the foot of Michael's carousel. The horses were perched beautifully and elegantly, their painted manes glowing and decorated eyes twinkling in the setting sun. Suddenly you felt something brush against your foot. Gasping, you knelt down to find a small piece of paper perched on your shoe. It read: I lost my heart on the carousel, to my Liberian girl. Head towards the pool, my love." Smiling inwardly and outwardly, your journey to the pool was scenic, consisting of trickling waterfalls, silent lakes and ornate bridges.

A flock of pure white doves passed overhead on your way. Was it Michael's magic, or just a coincidence? Footsteps echoed on the stone floor, surrounding the pool, as you walked past the sun loungers. The now purple sky was reflected on the shimmering water. From the corner of your eye, you noticed another note paper, sat restlessly flowing on the sunbed. The paper felt thin and cold against your palm. This note read: I just wanna lay next to you for a while. You look so beautiful tonight. Your eyes are so lovely. Your mouth is so sweet. A lot of people misunderstand me, that's because they don't know me at all. I just wanna touch you, and hold you. I need you. God, I need you. I love you so much. Y/N, my beautiful lady in my life. I'm sorry, not long now. Head towards your east.

You were confused. You headed east but you couldn't see anything apart from the willow tree. Slowly and unsurely, you walked towards the tree. Big, strong hands, covered your eyes, making you jump. "Guess who?" Michael's soft voice whispered in your ear. You smiled as he moved his hands away and you faced him. The darkness was beginning to close in but you could still see Michael perfectly. His white, tight vest was tucked neatly (as always) into his ironed black slacks. Another white shirt was hanging from his arms, adorned with a black armband. He had penny loafers and his signature white socks on. He kept his curls free, as they blew softly in the wind. His brown eyes were deep and mystical, his cute little turned up nose spreading slightly as his rosebud lips upturned into the beautiful smile you loved to see. "You ready?" He asked politely, slipping his warm hand into yours. Blushing slightly, you nodded, speechless.

He led you into the willow tree, where the clearing was lit up with soft glowing lanterns and a small table was set up, with your favorite food and beautiful flowers. "My princess." Michael smiled as he pulled a chair out for you. He tucked it in and sat in his own. "So sweetie, how was your day?" He asked, genuinely wanting to know. "It was nice. I relaxed, wrote a little and listened to some music." He nodded as he ate, keeping eye contact with you. "What about you? How was the studio?"

"It was okay, I suppose. I finished a couple of songs, wrote a new one and we begun to organize the order of the album songs." Michael sighed heavily, rubbing his neck. "Still a lot to finish, with not much time, unfortunately." He finished and you could see the amount of pressure he was under. You also knew he hadn't been sleeping well recently either. "It will turn out amazing, I know it." You reassured him and Michael nodded, agreeing. "I know, I just, I really miss you Y/N. I'm always at the studio, leaving you here." He felt guilty, working so much. "I'm fine! Anyway I'm not alone. Maria keeps me company. I miss you as well, of course, but you have work to do. I understand why you work, for the fans because you love them and they love you." He smiled at your last comment. "Not as much as I love you though." He softly touched your hand, which was lying upon the table. The food was absolutely delicious. You thanked Michael for everything.

"Shhhh. It's the least I can do for my baby girl. It's not over yet, anyway!" He admitted, letting a peal of giggles escape his perfect, straight, white teeth. "Here..." Michael handed you a white, rectangular box. You glanced at him, confused as to what it was. Slowly you opened it to see a beautiful necklace, complete with plenty of tiny jewels. "Michael, it's beautiful, I can't-" you breathed and Michael stopped you. "You deserve it Y/N. You deserve the world. I would give it to you if I could." He told you, as he took it from the box, standing up. He stood behind you and you held your hair up as he put the necklace around your neck. "Beautiful." He spoke. "It really is Michael, thank you." He walked to the front of you.

"I meant you, silly. Beautiful." He stroked your lip with his long finger. "Dance with me." He instructed and helped you up. He pulled you close and you breathed in his minty scent.

Liberian girl.
You came and you changed my world a love so brand new.
Liberian girl.
You kissed me and oohh my world.
You do this to me.

Michael's unique, perfect voice filled the air and you nestled close to him, completing the perfect, romantic night.