Military (2, HIStory era)

(Michael's pov)

Tonight was heaven, worlds away from the conflict and hurt of war. Tonight was all about me and my girl. She was lying next to me, still breathing heavily, the white silk sheets wrapped around her goddess like body. My arm was wrapped around her and her head was buried into my chest. Her lashes tickle me every time she blinks.

Y/N's bare legs were entwined with mine, making me feel turned on again, but I couldn't start anything, I'm too tired. Suddenly, she wiggles from my grip, slipping from the covers and fumbling around the floor for something.

"Y/N, baby. What's wrong?" I whispered, watching her perfect booty pop as she bent down. "Nothing. I'm looking for something, that's all." She whispered back, continuing to search. Finally she found what she wanted. "Aha!" I chuckled at her sound of joy and accomplishment. She is so cute.

I watched her put something on. A jacket I think. It was dark where she was stood, so I wasn't sure. Y/N walked into the dim lamp light, climbing back on the bed. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of her. My military jacket was wrapped around her top half, unbuttoned, just covering her breasts. Her beautiful thighs were still on show, her hair messy as a result of our love making.

"Y/N. you look stunning! And sexy. And-" Y/N cut me off by straddling me and pecking my lips. My heart begun to beat faster- the sight of my girl dressed in my jacket was enticing and gorgeous.
"Keep the jacket on all night baby girl. I want your scent on the material so that when I go back tomorrow, it reminds me of this very moment." I reached up to stroke Y/N's hair and she nodded, biting her lip.

At the mention of tomorrow Y/N seemed to deflate, collapsing on top of me and curling up. She wasn't heavy in the slightest, so I wrapped my arms around her, making her feel safe and secure. A sniff was heard, alerting me that she was crying. "Y/N? Hey, shhh darling. It's ok, the next couple of months will fly by." I smoothly rubbed her back and arms in a comforting manner, feeling her tears on my chest.

"You can't promise me though, can you?" Y/N sniffles, breaking my heart. After tonight I feel more attached to her then before, she is a piece of me. "Promise you what?" I choked up, her tears making me cry.

"Promise me that you will come back. You can't leave me Michael." Y/N sobbed, hitting my arm slightly. My heart shattered. I know what war is like. There are no promises. Tonight could be our last night for all we know.

"Hey. You know I can't promise you that. But what I will promise you is that I will fight with every last bone in my body, every last breath, if it means coming home again." She nodded and my heart sunk as she nuzzled back into me, hiccuping as a result of her tears.

My hand once more stroked her hair, calming her.

There will be no darkness tonight.
Lady our love will shine.
Lighting the night.
Just put your trust in my heart.
And meet me in paradise.
Now is the time,
Girl,
You're every wonder in this world to me.
A treasure time won't steal away...

I gently sang to Y/N, watching her drift off into a peaceful sleep as a result of our long night. I, however, didn't sleep for a minute, I simply cradled Y/N and prayed to God I'd stay by her side for eternity.