CHAPTER 23

Uttara kept looking at namish; her brother,how did he come to know that it wasn't her but someone else in the terrace the other night.

Lakshya was filled with anger and  rage!

He held her shoulder and looked into her eyes which were bleeding tears.

"Tell me. Why on earth did you lie about the fact?" he asked and looking at him anyone could say that he knew the person too well

Uttara couldn't look into his eyes. Maybe out of fear or guilt.

"Bhai.." she could  just utter this word when laskhya left him and banged his hand on the nearby wall.

Uttara closed her eyes;unable to bear the pain her brother was going through.

She rushed to him and hugged him tight.

"Swara was telling the truth and I could not agree with her because my Bhai love ragini so damn much" he said and got out of the hug.

"Bhai you are believing something that's not even true" she said and sat on her bed.

"That's why I am here uttara. Just because I want to knw the truth. Ragini just cant betray bhai" he said and sat infront of her kneeling down

Uttara shook her head in negative

"Not this time bhai. Aap mujhe mar dalo par main apko kuch nahi bataungi(You kill me but I won't say you any thing) All that's happening. Just accept it likewise" She said and was about to get out of the room but turned to look at a disheartened lakshya.

"One more thing bhai,Don't search for the truth. It might destroy the family. But remember one thing,ragini bhabi isn't wrong" she said and left the place as laskhya sat their dumbstruck.

In badi--

Ragini was getting ready when sumi knocked on the door. She turned to find her  smiling at her with her eyes filled with tears.

Ragini walked to her and hugged her in order to give her comfort.

"Ma what happened to you?Why so emotional today?" She asked and wiped her tears and sharmishta smiled through the tears seeing the past concern in her daughter's eyes.

She shook her head.

"Ma tell me! Your ragini isn't that bad Alright?" She wanted to make the situation light and she was successful when sharmishta actually broke into fits of laughter

"You are going to meet Sanskar. Isn't it?" her mother asked and she just kept quite

"Ma... I will definitely meet sanskar but for now I am going out to be alone for sometime!" she said And started moving out.

"Ragini..." Her mother called out and she turned to face her with a smile; a smile that hid so much!

"Is there something you really want to share? Something that's bothering?" Shomi asked and ragini just shook her head in negative

In the taxi--

Ragini looked out of the window and saw the hustle bustle on the road but still she felt a void within herself.

A void of going away from her family and sanskar!

She knew why she was doing all these but still felt guilty deep within.

'I can't say it to anyone of you!Knowing what the truth will result into! I am numb; Maybe feeling numb is also a emotion'

She thought to herself  and got lost in her own thoughts precisely got entangled!

Maheswari mansion---

"I have a very amazing boy for ou uttara!" Annapurna exclaimed.

Hearing this uttara tried smiling but gave up.

The breakfast table became the spot for the discussion of her wedding.

She couldn't take it anymore but before she could react, Sanskar came in as her saviour.

"Ma papa..and evryone..please she is just 20...let her finish her studies and let her get settled in life.." he said as he started going through the paper.

Uttara smiled but knew the havoc that was going to come.

"Sanskar tum samjh nahi rahe beta.
this is the best age of getting married" As soon as these words let's annapurna's mouth sanskar got up from his place.

"I said no discussion about her marriage that means no...this is her age to enjoy freedom not to go into another house and take the responsibility" he said and left them dumbstruck.

All looked at the way he left but just kept quite!

An unknown place---

As ragini got down of the taxi,She started moving towards the place. It was all deserted.

Suddenly two pairs of hands grabbed her from behind and she got scared and uncomfortable.

Because an unwanted touch makes a girl sick.

But she had to bear with it. She kept quite.

"Shiv.." He kept her chin on her shoulder and she closed her eyes in disgust.

"I am all ears ragini. Tell me" He said and got lost in her totally while she tolerated him.

"I wanted to request you for something"she said and backed off from the awkward hug.

"Anything you want ragini. All that is mine is yours" he said and  spreaded his arms infront of her while she was getting more scared with each passing second.

With much courage, she started speaking.

"I want to marry sanskar. I dont want to betray him shiv" As these words left her mouth,Shiv looked at her shocked.

He held her tightly by her shoulder and looked into her tearful eyes.

"You want him. When I am here ready to even die for you..all You want is him?" He asked and getting frustrated shouted at the top of his voice. Ragini closed her eyes in fear.

"Please shiv" She said and he calmed down a little.

"Fine. Fine ragini. you never asked anything so this time you can fulfil your wish. Get married to him and stay. But do remember only for the time I want you to" He said and left pushing her aside.

She was relieved. Maybe for sometime but she can be with her sanskar.

she wiped her tears and decided to allow evryone start the marriage function.

I am back. Sorry for the delay but read this and shower your love in the comment section my lovely readers.

love you all

mouli